Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:07pm
WOW KRAIZY!! Look at that beautiful hair!
*falls out of chair and wipes drool*
Sponsored Links

Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:07am
Great topic!
I'm between waist and hip length. I used to visit this site all the time, but after growing long hair I didn't really feel the need to anymore. My hair care routine is really simple, and at one point I just didn't feel like I had much to share.

I came back to the forum last month or so, because I was planning to flat iron my hair for the first time since going natural. After doing so I felt re inspired to play with my hair more and set new goals.

My standard reggie:
Clarify scalp once every 2 weeks
Conditioner wash weekly
Leave some conditioner in and add small amount of olive oil
Set hair in 8 braids to dry
Set hair in braids or pineapple every night
Add olive oil daily

I was at the same length I'm at now about a year ago. I had to cut off a year worth of color damaged hair, and about a month later I cut my hair to even it out in one length (close to but shorten than armpit).

Edited by Louel - Nov 15 2012 at 4:39am
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:17am
I don't have pictures showing my full length, but I will post them if I straighten again in december.

The first picture shows my hair in pits curly state last year (right before my 3 year mark). The second is this year (few months after my 4 year mark), and the third is flat ironed and curled in buns.

Edited by Louel - Nov 15 2012 at 4:39am
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:26pm
ooooooo... aaaaaah... *_* 
hahaha!
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:34pm
Hey, been on here since 2008 but lurked before then. I'm 4a/b and reached waistlength but had I setback recently. I'm back at full BSL/Midback length? Pic below is Nov '11 & Jan'12 I believe. I'll have an updated pic this weekend.

Non-Wash Days:
1) Moisturize hair.
2) Grease scalp with Tressfully Yours Stimulating Scalp Oil. Massage it in for 5 minutes.
3) Place hair into a ponytail & Baggy overnight, if needed. Put on satin bonnet to bed.

Wash Day (Saturdays):
1) Wash hair carefully in 4 sections with Tressfully Yours Clarifying & Conditioning Shampoo.
2) Deep Condition for at least 30 minutes with no shower cap under a hair steamer. Rinse thoroughly with cold water while detangling. T-shirt Dry.
3) Air Dry hair.
4) Moisturize hair.
5) Grease scalp with Tressfully Yours Stimulating Scalp Oil. Massage it in for 5 minutes.
6) Curl hair with Flexirods, then put on satin bonnet to bed.

*I henna or Henna Gloss my whole head 1x/month for 4 hours followed by a 2 hr moisturizing deep condition.

*Relax my hair every 12-16 weeks (about 4x a year)

*Give my hair a break with a full sew-in every summer.

Edited by Juana4ev - Nov 16 2012 at 1:39pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

@Luv...i actually just bought the PM super skinny serum, actually for the same reason tired of the ssk's also cause i want to see if i can get my straight hair last longer when i go on vaca.. but i like it it doesn't leave a film a little goes a long way and it made my blow dry straighter and a lot less poofy.
Nay, thanks for this! Do you blowdry to stretch your hair for your BEAUTIFUL BRAIDED BEAUTIES or flatiron or use some other technique? When you use the PM, do you notice an immediate feel in the strand once you add heat or stretch your hair? When you say a 'little goes a long way', how much is that approximately? I thank you in advance for your answer. I want to be able to use the serum on my ends on a daily basis and when I use heat. I love when a product can be used for multi purposes! Keep me updated with the PM results, k?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

hey chica.  I never really got into using serums.  I am texlaxed but transitioning, my hair is WL.  What are the benefits of using a serum?  Maybe I will try one on MaryJ.  :D
[/QUOTE]

Hey Bella! I don't have a lot of working knowledge on serums, but my stylist told me that it would help with the SSK's. In my research I have found that serums are good to seal the cuticle when flatironing. I have also seen some ladies use it for the ends of the hair and then seal with oil/butter/grease of their choice to cut down SSK's. The Hubby got me some Nexxus Split End Mender-stuff. I'm going to wait until my trim next week to start incorporating that along with the PM(that I still need to pick up) and sealing and see how that goes. I like ya hair's name tooLOL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:05pm

Louel, I see your progress!  Your hair in the second pic is fuller and longer! LUV the waves from the BUNS too! You said you had damage?! Well, you nourished the heck outta that hair of yours!!ClapClap Keep up the great work, ma'am!

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Nov 16 2012 at 6:13pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:11pm
Lookatchu, Jauna! All on the grow! Wow, I'm impressed with the number of products that you use. I have noticed that the longer ya hair gets, the least amount of products used. I may venture and experiment with a new product here and there, but always return to my staples. Plus, if I decide I like some other product better than a staple(after adquate time using the product), then I replace the staple, but the number of products stays the same. Thanks for joining the convo and HHGTongue!
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:42am
Thanks Luv,

Yeah... I used bigen to color my hair. The only big mistake I made since being natural. I had to cut all the colored hair off. It was a sad thing. I had single strands that would have over 6 separate splits.. It was crazy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 63>