Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 63>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS
    Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 10:37am
Hey Ladies! I rarely start topics, but I think there's a need for this topic.
I have been natural for 8 yrs and a member here since 06. I transitioned from relaxed APL hair for 18 months to almost SL natural hair. I am now 'unofficially' (won't be doing my usual yr end straightening, but I did stretch a piece a few weeks ago) MBL.

I peek in the BSL, MBL, WL, HL, TBL+ Challenges and see ladies that are new and old, relaxed, natural, and texlaxed reaching new and long lengths! So exciting! But, we rarely see yall post about ya long haired experiences, reggies, products, ease, love/hate unless its in the challenge threads.

I know that as hair gets longer- reggies are usually set and life goes on, but I luv hearing and sharing experiences with other long haired ladies and those aspiring for the length. BHM (specifically the Natural and Growth sections) is home for me, but I have to go on other sites and lurk to get my fix when I would prefer to get all my hair fixes here! Lol!

So, ladies who are BSB, BSL, MBL, WL, HL, TBL+, PLEASE SHARE YA REGGIES, EXPERIENCES, BE VAIN, BE HUMBLE, WHATEVA, BUT LET'S TALK! HHG LADIES!
Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 12:06pm
BSB here. I realize that my hair has grown the most when i stopped messing with it so much lol
i wear kinky twist alot and make sure to moisturize every two days. i have recently started cowashing my hair 3 times a week with giovanni's deep moisture condition, sealing with castor oil (my favorite hair product). I discovered my favorite styling product this past summer, dr. miracle's holding creme (pink label). its great for twist outs. recently started wearing wet buns. 

im on my way to BSL by the end of the year.
gorgeous92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgeous92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 5:29pm
great topic! im currently a couple inches away from reaching my 2012 goal of mbl.
i'm relaxed. i moisturize and seal every night. co wash  and deep condition with my steamer
once a week, do an overnight pre poo with coconut oil and shampoo wash  and deep condition once a week. when i dry my hair i'll always air dry in a braid or twists. i also take biotin5000 but im not sure of how much a difference it makes...
coconut oil is definitely the biggest staple in my regimen!
biggest challenges since my hair has gotten longer is detangling, i find i lose a lot of hair! also resisting the temptation to wear my hair down all the time LOL
ltg is to master stretching and thicken up my ends

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 6:08pm
Thanks, ladies for ya responses!

Gorgeous- I feel you on wanting to wear ya hair down all the time. As a natural head, I only do heat 1-2xs per year, so I look forward to seeing my real length. But, now I get that same exhilirating feeling when I do plaitoits, which look like twistouts on Ms. Cleo. The past few weeks I had a freaking luv affair with plaitouts. I luved the WEIGHT of my hair! I lived for that breeze blowing my hair around as I drove. I chuckled and rolled my eyes (secretly) at the stares and double takes from men and women. It was a totally fun and weird experience bc my hair is usually bunned. I

I look forward to the New Year when I visit my stylist for my trim and straightening bc I can already imagine the looks of amazement, all eyes on me as she transfotms this mass of kinks, coils into a MBL waterfall(as my 8 yrs. Old son calls my straight hair-lol)
gorgeous92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgeous92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 6:25pm
LOL! you're killing me over here luvmybiga$$fro!! yess!! the wind blowing in your hair is the best, and bunning gets so boring!! and i too love when people stare at my hair and even ask if its all my hair. for someone who used to glue in tracks all the time, it feels extra sweet to say YES
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 6:43pm
Lol! I luv my buns, but erry now and again I feel the need to unleash. I'm not all that comfotable with stares bc I find that to be annoying, but I luv the stares of amazement, especially the ones that start @ the top of ya head and go all the way down. Its that WIDE EYED staring and almost drool falling from their lips that gets me every time!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 9:11pm
natural hair Grazing BSL stretched over here . and i retain the most amount of growth when i hide my hair either in kinky twists or weaves, but i just came out of a 3 month kinky twists install and i missed my hair... i am psing, with twists with my natural hair but it still is not the same for some reason but i just love wearing my hair out either twistouts or braidouts and i dont get to as much as i want to. there has to be a length i can get to and no longer have to worry about psing.
and yes ladies that whole hair blowing in the wind does feel good. driving with hair blowing and getting in ur eyes but you refuse to put the window up so (now who else does this?) i just put a pair of shades on to prevent that.
hoping to be mbl or grazing mbl in dec. thats about 2-2.5 inches to go
guess if i want that ill have to hide my hair again.
Blngmoogle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blngmoogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 1:56am
Hello! I suppose I can share some of my secrets. Doing exactly what I do may not work for everyone, but I will generalize the concepts. These are what most people know anyway.

Here goes:

Protective styles-----protect those ends the reason why most do not see progress is because their hard work breaks off at the ends. hair grows no matter what, but the length of hair is determined by how much has broken off.

Moisture--------nourish and moisturize the scalp. Be sure to use oil as a moisture locker not a moisturizer itself. for example, I run water over my hands, then run my hands through my hair until it is about 20% wet. then I apply the oil.

Nourish from the inside-------eat right! well if you are like me (picky, and do not like anything healthy unless it is smothered in something unhealthy) Then get some food based vitamin supplements which sometimes comes in a liquid. The one that I am taking gives me my fruits, veggies, and daily vitamins. I also take 4000mg of msm.

Exercise---------that is how the blood circulates better

Deep condition at least every 2 weeks------but not too much protein. I have yet to find an already made conditioner, so i might try the coconut oil, coconut milk, and yogurt trick one day.

Pretty simple right? I followed these to the letter I know that there are more factors, but I think that these help out the best. I have been using the bun style for 1 year straight, and I have reached hip length of relaxed hair.
Blngmoogle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blngmoogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 1:57am
oh, and here is my progress up to my current length of hip length;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBO-nCHVhE&feature=plcp

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">BSB here. I realize that my hair has grown the most when i stopped messing with it so much lol
i wear kinky twist alot and make sure to moisturize every two days. i have recently started cowashing my hair 3 times a week with giovanni's deep moisture condition, sealing with castor oil (my favorite hair product). I discovered my favorite styling product this past summer, dr. miracle's holding creme (pink label). its great for twist outs. recently started wearing wet buns. 

im on my way to BSL by the end of the year.

Ooooh, I hope wet bunning works for you!! I'm currently going back to them too!! They got me over the APL- BSB hump (in conjunction with my HSN vitamin). I just have to remember to take it down every three days to either remoisturize or let air dry and re- moisturize.

I did gain a lot of good growth from wet/dry bunning. If I keep it longer, whcih I have up to two weeks, I'm bound for a semi-long and difficult detanfling section. But, to combat the amount of loss hair, I section my dry hair into 4 quadrants and apply either my Mane and Tail Detangler with olive oil along the length, twist up earch section and let it sit for a few. Then, I take my fingers and finger detangle each section and f/up with my wide toothed comb, which equals less loss hair. I can also do the same process on dry hair, but I will use Mane and Tail Condish to detangle, again less shed and/or loss hair.

I'm super duper lazy with my girl. I do the absolute basics and have a few styles that are my signatures and I'm good. Anything complex- I holler at my stylist which is 2-2 xs per  yr.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Sep 03 2012 at 7:57pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 63>