BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A House Divided: Opposing Political Views

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I'm tryna be a sovereign citizen outchea. 
Realest ish said in here...
Sponsored Links

purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

I dated a republican....now he is a libertarian.....even worse. But he is not even voting this election since. He doesn't like either candidates. smh.
So is a libertarian is it the same as Independent???

Libertarians are Republicans who like to smoke weed.

Edited by purple.chuckz - Nov 05 2012 at 9:07pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:26pm
It works for my parents.  My mom is a Republican and my dad is a Democrat.  They never talk about politics, though.  When the topic comes up, dad always swears he didn't marry her when she was like that.

Since Democrats and Republicans run the spectrum when it comes to beliefs, it would really depend on what his position was in terms of things like reproductive rights, equal pay for equal work and other issues.  If he is 100% anti-abortion and agrees with Akin about the pseudo-science of rape, then I would have to show the guy the door.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Epitome, stop picking on MM.

He and Nita are going to get married and make some cute basement babies. You just wait.Approve

i will be there....throwing shade and sipping tea
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:31pm
I'm with someone who is 100 percent against abortion.
I'm pro choice for other ppl but I would never abort and I feel like it is wrong.

But my choice side comes out when we get into debates.
I tell him he needs to take his penis and shut up.

We get into it over stuff but I wouldn't leave him for it.
It's fun

Edited by jonesable - Nov 05 2012 at 9:31pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:35pm
no.  i could not.
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

It works for my parents.  My mom is a Republican and my dad is a Democrat.  They never talk about politics, though.  When the topic comes up, dad always swears he didn't marry her when she was like that.

Since Democrats and Republicans run the spectrum when it comes to beliefs, it would really depend on what his position was in terms of things like reproductive rights, equal pay for equal work and other issues.  If he is 100% anti-abortion and agrees with Akin about the pseudo-science of rape, then I would have to show the guy the door.
I remember read were you said that both you have a different view on religion too. What a good relationship that they have to respect each other view.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:17pm
My s/o is republican. He is  liberal morally, and I am conservative fiscally. It works because we do agree on some things: abortion should be legal,  gays should be able to marry, guns are a constitutional right.
Lower taxes. Separation of church and state.

Last election he congratulated me and gave me flowers.Heart
When he criticizes Obama, I say "shut up you voted for Dubbya"Angry
Every election he buys 5000 rounds of ammunition, because he thinks guns are gonna be banned.Wacko
He's pissed cause his taxes went up. Disapprove
He wants to stop illegal immigration and lock the borders.Ouch
He's mad that Obama is "forcing" him to buy medical insurance.Hug

We have some heated debates, and he tells me I make him think.
I will never admit to him that he makes me think too.

He is a good person, and politics is not the most important thing in a relationship.  Neither is religion. Or race.
Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:26pm
my exfiance is a black republican....any time I talk to him about anything in the community he sounds like a sterotypical conservative repub.

"millionares are rich because they earned it."
"the black community is in dispair because of laziness"
"they need to end welfare, medicade etc"

and don't get me started about his thoughts on women in general.

There is no way in hell we could be together now. Nope. Do not want. My blood pressure goes up everytime the rhetoric starts.
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I'm tryna be a sovereign citizen outchea. 
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Realest ish said in here...

Can anyone explain this to me? Some crazy guy on the bus was talking about it last year, but he was crazy, so I didn't pay him much attention.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>