Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A freshmans personal story about yt privilege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:57pm
Why did you post this avoidant sh*t?
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:12pm
His last name is Fortgang? I wonder when his family punked out and changed it to sound less 'other-y' to fit in to American culture without being treated like...j-a minority group? Bet he won't acknowledge that privilege either.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:23pm
i really thought this was going to be an essay trying to help other whites understand what white privilege is...from what i did read, he hits every point they want to hear to avoid being educated about it, so well played...well played. Pinch
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:32pm
I hate when deniers say my grand so and so came here poor . Started their own business or worked at yadda yadda. And im like ugh you know slaves didnt have that option right?
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I hate when deniers say my grand so and so came here poor . Started their own business or worked at yadda yadda. And im like ugh you know slaves didnt have that option right?

And when they tried they had their businesses burned to the ground.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:45pm
^Stop talking about slavery you guise. Get over it!Angry
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:47pm
Comes to mind how after the civil war there were Black congressmen and other political elite in south Carolina, then post reconstruction they passed racist laws to disenfranchise blacks and took away all political power.

I just want to ask if his grandparents could vote when they landed in the land of opportunity. Cause mine couldn't.

Edited by melikey - May 02 2014 at 9:49pm
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

He doesn't get it...his ancestors were able to achieve alllll of the laundry list of things previously mentioned without having the added burden of Jim Crow laws. On one hand, he says that his ancestors had SUCH a hard time starting in America, but smugly assumes that minorities should have gotten ahead a long time ago since it's so simple for everyone.

Being decades removed from the Civil Rights movement, too many Whites (and Blacks) are leaving out important historical circumstances. While he worked hard in classes, studying like everyone else he is using privilege to ignore the fact that race is not a factor when he goes to applies for jobs, housing, etc. If he started at level '0', those who are discriminated against start at level '-1' That's what white privilege is, and to admit it would be to threaten your very valuable advantage.

break it down for those bastards. Because this concept is so damn difficult for them to grasp SleepyErmm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:34pm
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Why did you post this avoidant sh*t?

No need to be rude. Yes, we ALL know this is typical peckerwood behavior.....Personally, I saw this sh*t entertaining & funny as fucc, to say the least.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic