Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A Focused Mind

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Focused Mind
    Posted: Sep 09 2009 at 1:56pm
Today's Topic: A Focused Mind
Verse(s): Isaiah 26:3

Devotional:
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

Do you want to live out your days in perfect peace? If so, commit to practicing the art of keeping your mind “stayed on Him.”

Most Christians have not yet learned how to discipline their mind, to keep it focused on what they want it to be focused on. The ability to keep our mind stayed on God and His Word requires discipline and lots of practice.

Keeping your mind “stayed” is not as difficult as you might think. God and His Word are one, therefore a mind stayed on God is a mind stayed on His Word – the Bible.

Follow this simple exercise to train your mind to think on the Word of God.

1. What is your biggest care, worry or concern right now?

2. Find one verse in the Bible that covers that issue. If you can’t find one, use Proverbs 3:5-6 or 1 Peter 5:6-7.

3. Every time that worry or care comes into your mind, IMMEDIATELY replace it with the scripture. Mutter the scripture. Personalize the scripture, “I trust in the Lord with ALL my heart…” Visualize yourself doing the scripture.

4. Never let a worry or care stay in your mind more than 1 second! Always replace it with what the Word says.

5. Create triggers to bring that verse to mind. If your watch has an hour chime, every hour take a moment to meditate your verse. Whatever it takes, bring that verse to mind as often as you can.

As you train your mind to remain stayed on Him, you will find that worry and care are replaced with peace and joy. You will be kept in perfect peace, trusting in God.

Sponsored Links

mysterious86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysterious86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 10:29pm
Thanks for posting this
travontray05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travontray05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 7:09pm
thank you for this post!
Ceelo87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceelo87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 2:13pm
Thanks for posting this
lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 5:04pm
I am surely keeping my mind on God and what he can do. All things are possible through Christ.
Visje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 6:41pm
^^Amen! and thanks for posting
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 11:50am
That's funny, I have done steps 1-3 before: I was worried about something and I kept repeating 2Corinthians 2:14, and everything turned out fine.
Great post.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style