Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3
Do you want to live out your days in perfect peace? If so, commit to practicing the art of keeping your mind “stayed on Him.”
Most Christians have not yet learned how to discipline their mind, to keep it focused on what they want it to be focused on. The ability to keep our mind stayed on God and His Word requires discipline and lots of practice.
Keeping your mind “stayed” is not as difficult as you might think. God and His Word are one, therefore a mind stayed on God is a mind stayed on His Word – the Bible.
Follow this simple exercise to train your mind to think on the Word of God.
1. What is your biggest care, worry or concern right now?
2. Find one verse in the Bible that covers that issue. If you can’t find one, use Proverbs 3:5-6 or 1 Peter 5:6-7.
3. Every time that worry or care comes into your mind, IMMEDIATELY replace it with the scripture. Mutter the scripture. Personalize the scripture, “I trust in the Lord with ALL my heart…” Visualize yourself doing the scripture.
4. Never let a worry or care stay in your mind more than 1 second! Always replace it with what the Word says.
5. Create triggers to bring that verse to mind. If your watch has an hour chime, every hour take a moment to meditate your verse. Whatever it takes, bring that verse to mind as often as you can.
As you train your mind to remain stayed on Him, you will find that worry and care are replaced with peace and joy. You will be kept in perfect peace, trusting in God.