Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A filthy friend and bad father a long story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by jmarie jmarie wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I've wanted to call dss on him so bad. I feel so bad for his daughter, what girl wants to live like that.
14 is an age where she is Able to call if she wanted to. She can also voice her concern to live with mom if she wanted to. You might be breaking up the family and making things worse

She has told him she wants to live with her mother.
she should tell it to a judge, at that age the judges take it into consideration and usually listen to the kids
Sponsored Links

MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 7:10pm

Ok I just called dss and was told to call another number for the city they live in. A haitian guy picked up, I said I wanted to make a report he hung up on me. I called back and spoke to A white woman she wanted to know dates of birth for the mother father and child. I don't know about the mother but I do know the father and child's. While I was telling her the story she just kept saying what else and is that all, I don't feel like she took me too seriously. She asked me if I was mandated to report I asked her what that was, she said a doctor or teacher or something like that. She wanted to know specific dates and how long I've known the family. I don't have specific dates I told her it was an ongoing thing for yrs. She asked me what would I like to happen for the family, I told her maybe he needs rehab and counseling. I said I wanted to remain anonymous, and that was it. She asked me how much he drank and if he passed out  from it. he doesn't.
I still felt by the tone of her voice that she felt it was no big deal.

I told you though from the beginning that it was probably not a report. You don't know enough. I'm not being mean I just don't want you to have unrealistic expectations. She was trying to give you a chance to give more information than you were giving.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 7:12pm
I do commend you though for getting over your fears and making the report to do your part to make sure this child is okay. You have done what you can now all you can do is pray for her.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 8:38pm
how you know he was haitian tho?
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

how you know he was haitian tho?

I'm american but I've mostly dated Haitian men. I can tell.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 9:17pm
cool
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 9:32pm
Good job O/P
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 11:13am
Never mind your own business when it comes to the care and safety of a child.

He's clearly depressed. And the girl's welfare is in danger. I would speak to the mother, but also impress upon her that he needs help before he spirals into hard drug use or suicide.
Hopefully she still cares enough to try and get him help

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 12:47pm
he does need treatment for whatever he is dealing with ... not sure if he is simply overwhelmed or if he has depression but it cant continue as is ... she needs to be with someone with a healthy state of mind that can help her grow into her full potential

it could be my west indian upbringing but the house shouldnt be filthy .. a 16 year old can clean

Edited by rickysrose - Nov 01 2013 at 12:49pm
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 1:01pm
damn bhm. OP, have you talked to anyone else in real life about this?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style