Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

A Day Late, Dollar Short on Lifetime Channel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Day Late, Dollar Short on Lifetime Channel
    Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 7:30pm
is this a repost?
anyone watching?
I just found out about it, didn't even know it was coming. I'm mad I missed some!

A Day Late and a Dollar Short – Mekhi Phifer, Kimberly Elise, Anika Noni Rose, Ving Rhames, Ashanti Bromfield and Tichina Arnold

A Day Late and a Dollar Short - Mekhi Phifer, Kimberly Elise, Anika Noni Rose, Ving Rhames, Ashanti Bromfield and Tichina Arnold

‘A Day Late and a Dollar Short,’ TV review 

Whoopi Goldberg and Ving Rhames team for a bracing look at life's setbacks, co-starring Anika Noni Rose, Kimberly Elise and Mekhi Phifer

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, April 18, 2014, 2:00 AM

Whoopi Goldberg and Ving Rhames in ‘A Day Late and a Dollar Short’ RAFY Whoopi Goldberg and Ving Rhames in ‘A Day Late and a Dollar Short’

On TV even more than on the printed page, Terry McMillan’s “A Day Late and a Dollar Short” plays like one of those stories you tell your kids to get them to shape up.

Once upon a time, there was the Prince family, headed by Viola (Whoopi Goldberg) and Cecil (Ving Rhames). They had four children — three girls and a boy.

All four were smart and loved. The boy had some trouble with substance abuse, but the girls grew up to be, by all appearances, successful.

Still, all four behaved selfishly, in ways that harmed others, and in the end that brought unhappiness to themselves and their family.

The seeds of this discontent are multiple and familiar, telescoped into one family.

Cecil worked so hard building his business and supporting the family that he inadvertently shut out Viola. By the time he realized it, it was too late for them to recapture what they once had.

Whoopi Goldberg as Viola in ‘A Day Late and a Dollar Short’ Whoopi Goldberg as Viola in ‘A Day Late and a Dollar Short’

So when we meet Cecil, he's got a new woman. Viola, who suffers from much worse lung problems than she lets anybody knows, keeps herself busy trying to help the children cope with drug addiction, workaholism, control issues, rebellious teenagers and a couple of other problems that are even starker and more bracing.

“Day Late” plays like a cauldron of bad choices, all mixed together, with Viola trying desperately to make everyone stop feeding the fire.

It’s not surprising that in the end, Viola only has one final card to play.

Much of “Day Late” is not upbeat. Happily, fine acting by Anika Noni Rose, Kimberly Elise, Tichina Arnold and Mekhi Phifer, along with Goldberg and Rhames, makes it a cautionary tale worth watching.

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 19 2014 at 7:31pm
Sponsored Links

HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 7:44pm
I'm watching

Finally a black movie
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 7:46pm
This movie is good, I need to get the book
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 7:48pm
I was waiting for this....forgot it came on today.
I read the book back in the day.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 7:57pm
Whoopi will forever be one of my favorite actresses
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 8:15pm
I'll have to catch it in the next few days. I like all of the actors.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 8:17pm
I'm going to watch from beginning at 10. I was mad people who started at 8 were talking about it already and I missed parts, so I stopped and will watch later.

First thing I said though is 'why didn't bhm have a thread to remind me of this!' lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I was waiting for this....forgot it came on today.
I read the book back in the day.

I read book too when it came out. I used to love TM. til she went crazy lol
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 8:18pm
Watching!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 8:19pm
yall come back at 10 to watch and chat w/ me lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>