BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dry Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A Cure for Dry Skin!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Author
JudiBlue252 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudiBlue252 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 6:32am

I also use the baby oil in the shower..it helps a lot since i have eczema..my onlu problem is slipping and sometimes falling in the shower! lol

Sponsored Links

Austinhoyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austinhoyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2011 at 1:15am
Coconut oil can be a very good solution .Coconuts are among nature's brightest moisturizers, centuries old and wise with penetrating fatty acids that freshen and lighten the skin.

This will help in lightening your skin, softens blemishes and takes away sun tan and also make your skin fairer and smoother.

http://www.indianherbcare.com/-c-343. - Bio Coconut Milk Cream
chikadede12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chikadede12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2011 at 5:06pm
Good to know!
Anessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 2:48pm
As soon as I step out of the shower, I slather olive oil all over & wrap a towel around myself. 5 mins later, pat dry and follow up with a thick moisturiser such as Shea or coconut butter. At the moment I'm using Lucretias body butter which consists of about 5 natural ingredients.
Coochieluca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coochieluca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 6:01am
I'm trying out pure vegetable glycerin.....it seems to be working well to help winter dryness. I'm a vegetarian and I eat lots of fresh fruit, I think I should take some vitamins also...any suggestions?
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 11:59am
i use sanex dermo pro hydrate cream bath and mahogany naturals hair and body butter to moisturise

Edited by eboni1 - Jan 11 2012 at 12:00pm
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 12:32am
I use an Oil of Olay in shower moisturizer and then follow up with Eucerin when I'm out of the shower. I have super dry skin - especially in the winter time - so I have to do double duty.

However on my face, both of those would be way too heavy & greasy & end up causing breakouts. I just use Aveeno's spf 15 Essentials on my face or Neutrogena w/SPF 15
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 7:23pm
The best way to combat dry skin is water. Drinking water is essential in promoting skin circulation and a much cheaperoption than all these expensive creams and lotions. Eating more fruits and veggies that have high water content melons,oranges, pineapple and cucumbers.

Food that are high in Omega-3 fatty acids like salmon (which I personally love) tuna, avocado, flaxseeds and walnuts. You can also get these in vitamin supplements. Foods rich in vitamin A (dark leafy veggies, sweet potatoes and pumpkin).

We have to combat dry skin internally not just externally. I always had dry skin all my life and this has help me in combating this problem. I also make sure when using lotions, I look for alpha hydroxy acid in the product. It helps to gently exfoliate and slough off dry skin. My favorite is Eucerin containing alpha hydroxy. If you want to use more natural products, I agree with the other posters on coconut oil, shea butter and jojoba & vitamin E oils.

Be careful with the baby oil.
  This product contains a petroleum or mineral oil base which is not good for sensitive skin types and it is difficult to absorb and will clog the skin pores. I was never a fan of baby oil.  IMO; it always made my skin greasy. 
Jujube06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujube06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2012 at 1:16pm
I've had dry skin on my hands and elbows for a while and regular moisturizers just get soaked up so easily that I have to keep applying. Then I started doing some work for Eucerin and I have to say when I tried it, their lotion worked the best for me. A little bit goes a long way. 
DivaCrat09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaCrat09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2012 at 11:34am
I wrote an article on this topic on my blog. I have dry/ sensitive skin and eczema...*sigh*

Here is the link to go directly to the article: http://wp.me/p26sqa-1X

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic