Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

A black womans worth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

lawd knows im tryin but what are we supposed to riled up about again?LOL

cause she saved 5 dollars on a black product!!! grrrr...Angry

a black doll costing less than the white one means that a black persons worth is less… duh! [/sarcasm]

I'm surprised y'all are not up in arms, outraged, writing letters and boycotting tbh... 

Sponsored Links

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 9:38am
I'm not mad though. Hell, with as expensive as toys are I'd be glad to find that toy for cheaper than the other one TBH.

Edited by niecy - Nov 10 2013 at 9:56am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by decemberdiamond decemberdiamond wrote:

This does not bother me and I actually picked up 2 for Christmas when I saw it was only $15 bucks what does bother me was how like India said there are a lack of minority baby dolls. My daughter loves baby alives but the Hispanic ones always sells out. My daughter is a very light-complexioned afro-latina so the african-american dolls are way too dark for her and the Hispanic babies always sell out quick it really sucks.
Why do you feel the african american dolls are too dark for your daughter ? My daughter is very light skin , but we feel bless to find any skin tone in a black doll . I understand trying to find a doll that looks simalar to your baby , but i found the hispanic and chinese dolls look too close to white people due to the toy makers . I want India to understand we are born in all shades of beautiful blackness . Embarrassed
decemberdiamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote decemberdiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 9:51am
India she has dolls of all shades. This year we are trying to find a doll customized to her like the american girl dolls without the american girl budget . She loves all her babies it just would be nice for her to have a doll she can say looks just like her.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by decemberdiamond decemberdiamond wrote:

India she has dolls of all shades. This year we are trying to find a doll customized to her like the american girl dolls without the american girl budget . She loves all her babies it just would be nice for her to have a doll she can say looks just like her.
I understand lol . I purchase a bootleg version on HSN last year. We are waiting on the sale to finally buy the over price American girl doll . Shame you have to pay so much for a doll to look similar to your child , yet white dolls are in abundance . Remember the My size Barbie ? The doll look white in all skin tones .
decemberdiamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decemberdiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 10:02am
Exactly I'm waiting for a sale too and yes I was given a my size barbie as a little girl and it went back in the box after a week. I hate toy makers.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 12:11pm
it's just odd to me that the girl's kit which is the face of the brand is less than the boy's kit which is also part of the brand. Wouldnt a company expect the face of the brand to generate more revenue than a lesser known character of the same brand? Wouldnt it be smarter for their sales to switch the prices? Confused
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 12:18pm
Might have more to do with gender.
It is weird how there is no real life little girl on the box.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 12:26pm
The boy box has both the cartoon and a real person. I'm just wondering if they were conflicted about what the face/ race of the girl child should be.
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 12:33pm
I think is more sexist than racial.

The idea that men/boys are more likely to have interest as doctor if anything (supply/demand)

And even with that I feel like I may have pulled a muscle reaching for that one but eh....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic