Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 98Yr Old Returns to H.S. to Receive Her Diploma
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

98Yr Old Returns to H.S. to Receive Her Diploma

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98Yr Old Returns to H.S. to Receive Her Diploma
    Posted: May 22 2014 at 5:03pm
98-Year-Old Returns to High School to Receive Her Diploma

98-year-old Tennessee native complete her education goal

by Courtney Connley Posted: May 22, 2014

98-Year-Old high school graduate

Image Credit: Chattanooga Times Free Press

Now here’s proof that it’s never too late to achieve your goals.

On May 20, 98-year-old Claudia Parries returned to her old stomping ground, Howard School in Chattanooga, Tennessee to receive her high school diploma that she’d waited many years to earn.

It was 1933 when Parries, then a senior, last stepped into Howard. But she was forced forced to drop out of school and help take care of her younger siblings, when mother succumbed to an illness.

After that, she got married and raised her own family of eight children and focused on helping them attain their education dreams. They all completed high school and attended college. But Parries’ personal education goals remained dear to heart, with her daughter telling Chattanooga Times Free Press that her mom would always tear up when a discussion turned to education.

After making special arrangements with school staff, Parries’ children surprised her on Tuesday and drove her down from their home in Ohio to Chattanooga where she received her honorary diploma along with a Howard School T-shirt, balloons, a cake and roses.

“This is something I expected a long time ago,” said Parries who laughed and cried tears of joy on her big day.

http://www.blackenterprise.com/education/98-year-old-receives-high-school-diploma/
Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 5:07pm
she better than me...i wouldve been like give me an honorary diploma like they did Fantasia
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 5:08pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 5:15pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 5:16pm
awesome!

She does not look 98!!!
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

she better than me...i wouldve been like give me an honorary diploma like they did Fantasia

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

OT she looks good to be damn near 100.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic