BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

7 Lives Wrecked by Student Loan Debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

community college was never an option ? i hope none of these people enrolled in one of those shady colleges that have the commercials during jerry springer and maury povich and now they wasting space in this good article.

i think that some ppl thought that it wasn't an option. when i was in HS, CC apparently was the place where the ppl who couldn't make it into a "real" college went. my guidance counselor really discouraged it, and i didn't know any better. now, i tell ppl to go to CC and take gen ed courses (make sure they transfer)

Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Plus, I wish more people would look at their degrees more carefully before paying for them.

I do not see the point of doing a degree in to be a PA & ending up in debt when you can get a job & work your way up & the company trains you.

It's cool to go to Uni & have student debt when you know: 1. You will be employable because of that degree & 2. You will have a good salary.

sometimes, the degree that you think will be employable won't be by the time you get out of school. yes, i knew that my teaching degree wouldn't pay a lot, but a big part of my decision to become a teacher was hearing constantly when i was in HS that the career outlook would be high, lots of baby boomers will be retiring, there will be plenty of spots and we would be out of the recession....clearly that didn't happen.

and the loan forgiveness program for teachers is crap...

sometimes i do wish i had went into something completely different purely for financial reasons

a lot of baby boomers have to work so they aren't leaving until they are let go

for the bolded....I agree with you 100000000000000000000000000000%
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I think the whole student debt thing is gaining noise now because its starting to become a colourblind issue.

Because more and Tomas Becky Kate and Bradley are being affected, the issue is only getting louder and louder

No one gave a damn when it was the blacks being affected the most
Lamp
Same exact thing with that  Occupy Wall Street nonsense. Johnny, Becky and Kate was stuck with a sh!tload of student loans with no jobs and now all of a sudden they mad at the very people that they inspired to be just likeErmm
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 9:45am
my husband took out sallie mae loans when he went to a technical school (20k for one yr). once, he missed one payment and they called everybody w/ his last name (its not common) from his hometown. its borderline harrassment.

he ended up joining the army to help pay them off.

one of the guys in his unit used all his deployment salary+reup bonus to pay off his student loans. they would constantly call and harrass his family for money while he was overseas.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 10:06am

I keep telling psych majors they need to network as much as possible and have a plan but they don't hear me though

oh well
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:06am
The best bet for some of these ppl is to stay in school forever...that way u aint neva gots to pay!!  J/K...All I know is I better get my ass in med school...cause I cant afford to pay that sh*t with a chem degree alone..Ouch
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:15am
A good college friend of mine married a woman w/ 100k in student loans for a BS in education.  She's a elem teacher.  Needless to say their combined incomes go to her debt.  I don't know if he had loans as well.  When he told me that my jaw dropped...I don't think I would even date someone, much less marry them with that much in loans.  50K maybe, but 100K?  oh hail no!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

A good college friend of mine married a woman w/ 100k in student loans for a BS in education.  She's a elem teacher.  Needless to say their combined incomes go to her debt.  I don't know if he had loans as well.  When he told me that my jaw dropped...I don't think I would even date someone, much less marry them with that much in loans.  50K maybe, but 100K?  oh hail no!

spin off thread?

when we did our marriage counseling, the pastor asked if we had any debt - school loans included
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:38am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

spin off thread?

when we did our marriage counseling, the pastor asked if we had any debt - school loans included

damn...before me and hubby got engaged, we looked at each other's credit reports so we knew what we were getting into.

i hear stories about how ppl don't disclose how much debt they have to their SO, they get married, and are surprised @ the amnt of student loans/credit card debt each other has. horrible way to start a life together.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

spin off thread?

damn...before me and hubby got engaged, we looked at each other's credit reports so we knew what we were getting into.

i hear stories about how ppl don't disclose how much debt they have to their SO, they get married, and are surprised @ the amnt of student loans/credit card debt each other has. horrible way to start a life together.

that is terrible....

we knew each other's credit scores as well
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

The best bet for some of these ppl is to stay in school forever...that way u aint neva gots to pay!!  J/K...All I know is I better get my ass in med school...cause I cant afford to pay that sh*t with a chem degree alone..Ouch

That's true though I know people who take minimum easy classes just to keep getting their refund (this is at community college) and to delay paying loans
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>