Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

7 Lives Wrecked by Student Loan Debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:11am

I vote Neka and Midna as higher education czars.Beer

Internships...ex interns are now suing their old jobs arguing they should have been compensated because they were doing the same job as the paid employees for free lol

Mine will be paying me in 'experience'.
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:18am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I vote Neka and Midna as higher education czars.Beer

Internships...ex interns are now suing their old jobs arguing they should have been compensated because they were doing the same job as the paid employees for free lol

Mine will be paying me in 'experience'.
something's gotta change. i get that we can't ALL get degrees, however the job market ain't hearing that. rarely is anyone purely learning on the job anymore. places are wanting degrees or previous experience that people don't just randomly have. 

to the bolded: [ak]guuuuuuuurl[/ak]  !! i hope they win. bonus if it sets precedent. 

how sick am i of people taking advantage of what you feel you have a calling to do wanting you to work full time for free?! 

Edited by nekamarie83 - Jun 17 2013 at 3:20am
Morris Chestnuts View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Morris Chestnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:21am
rofl @ unpaid internships
marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:23am
I was lucky, in that I received tuition remission.  I graduated with 4 BAs and a minor back in 1997.  However, I still owe about 38k in student loans (paying it down still) due to books, fees, etc.  The university I graduated from in 97 was about 20k a year...it is now over 50 for undergrad.  I now live in a country where college education is essentially free.  You just pay fees.  It is difficult to get in, but once you do, you are set.  My children are citizens of this country, so when they go to school, if it is still free then, they won't have any of the worries that they would have in the US.  It is sad because even state schools in the US are starting to become out of reach for the average person.  It is definitely starting to divide into the haves and the have nots.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:27am
Sometimes I think people aren't realistic ..

The lady with 7 kids should have been honest with herself.

Whilst it would be nice to have an MBA, she clearly could not afford it
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:29am
Neka, I hope they starting precedent too. A lot of undergrad/grad programs require unpaid internships these days.Geek

I still can't imagine $100k+ in loan debt. I'd be praying to Jesus, Oprah, Ceiling Cat and Flying Spaghetti Monster for loan forgiveness.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:30am
Originally posted by marnee marnee wrote:

I was lucky, in that I received tuition remission.  I graduated with 4 BAs and a minor back in 1997.  However, I still owe about 38k in student loans (paying it down still) due to books, fees, etc.  The university I graduated from in 97 was about 20k a year...it is now over 50 for undergrad.  I now live in a country where college education is essentially free.  You just pay fees.  It is difficult to get in, but once you do, you are set.  My children are citizens of this country, so when they go to school, if it is still free then, they won't have any of the worries that they would have in the US.  It is sad because even state schools in the US are starting to become out of reach for the average person.  It is definitely starting to divide into the haves and the have nots.

Are you black? How is it living in Finland?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:32am
Originally posted by marnee marnee wrote:

And you're not gonna tell us which country this is?

Come on nowwwww Big smile
Don't be shy!

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:32am
Originally posted by Morris Chestnuts Morris Chestnuts wrote:

rofl @ unpaid internships

My top goal in interning would be at google.

Their interns make 6k a month. Madness! Clap
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:35am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Neka, I hope they starting precedent too. A lot of undergrad/grad programs require unpaid internships these days.Geek

I still can't imagine $100k+ in loan debt. I'd be praying to Jesus, Oprah, Ceiling Cat and Flying Spaghetti Monster for loan forgiveness.
that's that sh!t right there. at least offer a stipend of some kind. 

unless i'm writing MD after my name when all is said and done, there's no way in hell i'm goin in for 100k + 

and i cringe at the parents that had their retirement effected. to put your parents in that position is something else. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic