BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:25am

I don't know.  I'm in between those years and some of us did do a lot.  Y'all lived thru Bush but we lived thru Regan and they learned all their bull from him.  That was the beginning.  You can't tell me that a lot of that crap that happened in the 80s wasn't carefully orchestrated.  I think the progress people were trying to make was brought to a screeching halt by a lot of circumstances put in place.  No one will tell me the crack epidemic and the turn that rap music has taken isn't all too convenient.  Just knowing how they infilitrated every organization that was for our betterment makes me know otherwise.

I think people who were teens in the 80s were also less worried about fitting in with white folks than this younger generation is as well.  I went to school in Brooklyn in the 80s and if you went in the wrong neighborhood there were actual race riots in/at the schools and people being chased out of neighborhoods by angry mobs of GROWN ASS white folks.  if you know someone in their 40's from Brooklyn ask them about Hudde or Bildersee or Roy H. Mann.  We lived through that.  Whole neighborhoods selling their houses because 3 black families moved in and it was not "our neighborhood" anymore.

In my 20s I particiapted in a lot of activism first hand.  I was actually there when Al Sharpton got stabbed.  I think, as usual, when white people see progress they put in motion circumstances to stop it.  I see the younger generations as being a lot worse than we were in a lot of ways.

I'm not considered a baby boomer tho.  I am actually part of Gen X.

Edited by whosbotheringme - Jul 03 2014 at 11:57am
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I know, ConcreteRose.  My solution is probably quite idealized.  I think the fact that people don't understand what racism truly is and how it works is probably one of the biggest problems.

I think my solution would have to work in a very slow chain reaction type of way.

And lol @ bootstrap people you can beat upCry

nope

have two co workers that some how thought homophobia falls under racism

Oh how it irritates me when black people agree with this

LBGT got so far so quickly because they could take advantage of their white privilege

And they USED racism to advance their agenda, under the guise of civil rights. 

Not saying whether or not it's a worthy agenda, I'm saying that racism was used as a pawn.

I say that because while they equated homophobia with racism they did not include racism in their agenda

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:37am
And from what I understand tThere is also so much racism WITHIN the LGBT community that is why it is laughable.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:46am

cherry one of them asked why me hair (I am natural) is not straight like other black women's hair (that is relaxed) and added that she wasn't trying to be racist

she also told me I was racist when I said a white co worker had a ghetto baby shower....she quickly changed it to classist lol

she also let me know she was terrified of saying the wrong thing to me because she does not know if something she may say is racist or not lol

I had a coworker correct another new coworker on the exceptional black myth during a business lunch

I thought wow he must've taken notes when I read him LOL

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:53am

I think we should keep having these conversations because some posters are hearing these perspectives for the first time 

Things will change for the better if we collectively understood these dynamics, it would go along way towards a cohesive culture 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I think we should keep having these conversations because some posters are hearing these perspectives for the first time 

Things will change for the better if we collectively understood these dynamics, it would go along way towards a cohesive culture 

I know.  I don't usually participate in anything too heavy on here but something someone said in this thread struck me for some reason.

Civil dialogue from opposing views is good.Smile
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I know, ConcreteRose.  My solution is probably quite idealized.  I think the fact that people don't understand what racism truly is and how it works is probably one of the biggest problems.

I think my solution would have to work in a very slow chain reaction type of way.

And lol @ bootstrap people you can beat upCry

nope

have two co workers that some how thought homophobia falls under racism

Oh how it irritates me when black people agree with this

LBGT got so far so quickly because they could take advantage of their white privilege

And they USED racism to advance their agenda, under the guise of civil rights. 

Not saying whether or not it's a worthy agenda, I'm saying that racism was used as a pawn.

I say that because while they equated homophobia with racism they did not include racism in their agenda

they are asian and white

but yeah I hate when black people are this delusional
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 1:49pm
I know one thing 100% of blacks BHM members failed to give me a summary.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic