BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:55am
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I know, ConcreteRose.  My solution is probably quite idealized.  I think the fact that people don't understand what racism truly is and how it works is probably one of the biggest problems.

I think my solution would have to work in a very slow chain reaction type of way.

And lol @ bootstrap people you can beat upCry

nope

have two co workers that some how thought homophobia falls under racism

Sponsored Links

Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:58am
we know this is bs and have had this convo to ad nauseam. let's let this sh*t go and actually work towards gaining independence thru group economics 

jr.
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:40am

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

OMC, are you my mom?? She said the exact same thing to me today. Her parents generation did a great job, But hers became complacent. She also said she can already see that my generation will do better than hers.

I have not read this thread, but clicked this page. I agree that my grandmother always did and tried her hardest to do a great job at everything. My mother seemed to be and still is very complacent and doesn't mind giving minimal effort or accepting handouts. My generation has the mindset of my grandmother's. I try to coach/motivate my mother to do better, stand up for something, and make changes in her life. I can see some progress, but very slow... sometimes two steps forward and one step back.
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:46am
I fcking hate the black baby boomers

Those Brothas sucked up all the benefits our grandparents fought for and then pulled the ladder up

They're useless pieces of sh*t who did the absolute minimum in paving the way for us

jr.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

I fcking hate the black baby boomers

Those Brothas sucked up all the benefits our grandparents fought for and then pulled the ladder up

They're useless pieces of sh*t who did the absolute minimum in paving the way for us

jr.
Clap
And  I agree with Concrete's mama.
Our generation will do better
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I know, ConcreteRose.  My solution is probably quite idealized.  I think the fact that people don't understand what racism truly is and how it works is probably one of the biggest problems.

I think my solution would have to work in a very slow chain reaction type of way.

And lol @ bootstrap people you can beat upCry

nope

have two co workers that some how thought homophobia falls under racism

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:00am
The baby boomers cry about the current problems but allowed them to begin and did drugs and all sorts of shyt and still wanna blame us for no reason. My mother is generation X.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:05am

cherry one of them asked why me hair (I am natural) is not straight like other black women's hair (that is relaxed) and added that she wasn't trying to be racist

she also told me I was racist when I said a white co worker had a ghetto baby shower....she quickly changed it to classist lol

she also let me know she was terrified of saying the wrong thing to me because she does not know if something she may say is racist or not lol
BitterSweet85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterSweet85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:05am
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

threads like this really make me love and STAN for ricky and afro
lemme just go ahead and cosign all your statements from just reading pg 1-3

just came to requote Embarrassed

and to say i used to think like MD before i got educated (the irony) and ever since going back to uni my eyes have been opened in a way i never anticipated

i suggest those that think racism is over, isn't as bad and that we're absolutely free, please read and do some research on systematic/institutionalized racism...representation, prison industrial complex....there's so much...i'll even provide books to read

but i cannot accept the bs ppl spit....yes A LOT of fuccas stay making bad decisions but doing so in a system which already designed you to fail and do said things .....
there are so many levels to this sh*t and it took me a long time to truly understand the depths to which this statement is true..i'll never look at white ppl the same

please give me a list of books to read
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:40am
Yes, I spoke with a black Civil Rights Activist (male) who was a chemist. He was talking about he didn't know where things "went wrong" and I told him...it was yalls kids. They contributed NOTHING to the progression of black people, but are the ones that complain the loudest. They became complacent. 

Think about it: 

If you were born from 1960 - 1970 you were 10, at the oldest, when your parents were fighting for equal rights. 

This means your teenage years came about in the 80s and young adult hood in the 90s. Thanks for nothing, cause yall didn't do sheit. You didn't have to fight in wars. You didn't have to fight as nearly as hard for equal treatment. You really didn't have to do sheit but not phuck up. You, unlike our generation, did not live through a recession. You got the benefit of Bill....we (1980s - 1990s) lived through Bush. 

Everything from the crack epidemic, heavy violence within the black community, general complacency, etc came from this era entirely. Even these ratchet hoes on tv (Love & Hip Hop etc) are mostly NOT in their 20s or even early 30s. The majority are pushing 40 and 50 years old. Even the Million Man March was orchestrated by our GRANDPARENTS generation. Those born in the 60s to 70s did not even bother to keep that up.  

I think the younger generation is more focused on progression and success than our parents by far, the only thing I'm not liking is that I think we are, admittedly, more ignorant about racism and our culture than we should be, but hell, that's because our parents did not feel it was necessary to instill those values. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Jul 03 2014 at 10:42am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>