BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:43pm
And that's where the organized part of organized resistance comes in. Look at Garvey for example, he converted a lot of people to his Black nationalist beliefs by simply having an organized plan (UNIA) and attempting to follow through with it. Similarly Web dubois (incredibly opposing strategy than Garvey) had an organized plan (Niagra movement). Thats the one thing they had in common.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I agree, who is. I am seperatist personally. But at the end of the day organized resistance to white supremacy (no matter how they resisted) is better than trying to get the majority of Black people on board with one opinion. Thats probably never going to happen.

I don't think that has ever happened collectively with any group.

We just need one goal.... and eradicating racism shouldn't be the main goal .... it should be a by-product of a larger end goal .... which is to uplift (through educational efforts/ financial literacy/ strong code of ethics amongst each other/ ect for black Americans... (I'm keeping it local so my focus is here in the states). 

I'm sure theres more I could add but.. imo.. you don't have to have a purist mindset to contribute to the larger goal. You just have to contribute!! and do so by being more constructive than destructive.

Progress (as I see it) will come in time... maybe not my time... but it will come.
Very well put, Oodles. Do something to help your community instead of trying to get people on the same ideology.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jul 02 2014 at 11:46pm
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:52pm
I'm annoyed by black people born from the 1960 - 70s that act like racism did not impact their life, but they are actually the ones that are the most jaded. If you are black, hispanic, or asian, you are not afforded the luxury to be this jaded about racism. Like, there really is no excuse. Your PARENTS could not even legally VOTE. They were barred from everything, whatever they achieved, is inspite of adversity...it doesn't mean it never existed. 

This is especially ironic, as TRUTHFULLY, this is the generation that "dropped the ball". Your parents were civil rights activists, black panthers, into black empowerment. You all, however, are the ones that dropped the ball. Most 50 - 40 year olds were born into poverty, poverty directly and indirectly caused by systematic racism that held YOUR parents back. People who are 50 - 40 today were those who lived during the crack era, they are the generation that introduced gangsta rap, the mainstream use of the n word, etc. EVERYTHING you all complain about came from you all's generation. Everything. So it's amusing to me, to see their position when they reiterate the sentiment of white racists. Maybe if they had taken "person responsibility" and gave two sheits about the advancement of their own people, or cared to keep up the self empowerment movement of the 60 - 70 year olds, the next generation (30s to 20s) would have some form of pride. 
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:52pm

And that's where the organized part of organized resistance comes in. Look at Garvey for example, he converted a lot of people to his Black nationalist beliefs by simply having an organized plan (UNIA) and attempting to follow through with it. Similarly Web dubois (incredibly opposing strategy than Garvey) had an organized plan (Niagra movement). Thats the one thing they had in common.

That is important.  But what I think is most important in this case is to get everyday people to realize that a lot of us are acting out what they want us to act out and STOP.  People who downgrade and trivialize racism are also playing right into the agenda imo.  Totally writing off people who have unfortunately let the system get the better of them is not going to help I'm afraid.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:53pm
OMC, are you my mom?? She said the exact same thing to me today. Her parents generation did a great job, But hers became complacent. She also said she can already see that my generation will do better than hers.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

That is important.  But what I think is most important in this case is to get everyday people to realize that a lot of us are acting out what they want us to act out and STOP.  People who downgrade and trivialize racism are also playing right into the agenda imo.  Totally writing off people who have unfortunately let the system get the better of them is not going to help I'm afraid.
Who is, I agree to an extent. Bootstap people work my last nerves as a whole But Black bootstap people I could physically fightStern Smile. jk... but actually.

Unfortunately though, I've come to realize that all the resources in the world couldn't force people understand institutionalized racism.  I just think this is a much better way of changing our community.
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 12:03am
I know, ConcreteRose.  My solution is probably quite idealized.  I think the fact that people don't understand what racism truly is and how it works is probably one of the biggest problems.

I think my solution would have to work in a very slow chain reaction type of way.

And lol @ bootstrap people you can beat upCry

Edited by whosbotheringme - Jul 03 2014 at 12:04am
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 12:23am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

EVERY WORD IS SO TRUE..T.R.U.E.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 4:24am
Lol. It was all good in the section 8 thread. Blacks aren't motivated enough that's all.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:30am
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

threads like this really make me love and STAN for ricky and afro
lemme just go ahead and cosign all your statements from just reading pg 1-3
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com