BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:19pm

and they have to believe there is a problem to begin with
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:20pm
we've become too fractured a community to depend on 1 or 2 leaders to charge the fight. what we need is to merge our collective identity (descendants of slaves for example) with the common oppression we all face (whether we want to admit it or not) in order to make strides. 

We are one with you under the ban of prejudice and proscription--one with you under the the slander of inferiority--one with you in social and political disfranchisement. What you suffer, we suffer; what you endure, we endure. We are indissolubly united and must fall or flourish together. [Frederick Douglass]
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

i watched an intervention of a crack addict

He ate lunch and showered at a hotel, slept on the roof of a condo

When he cleaned up he immediately got a 100k job as a Corp Mgr

White privilege is real...

I saw a Latino group strategizing to prepare Latino kids for positions of power

That show intervention is a really good example of how privilege plays out in people's lives. I always wished someone would do a sociological study of it.

Just from watching...white people were able to keep their jobs longer even if they were high/drunk/noshow/violent, were more likely to have custody of their kids, and were way less likely to be living in squalid conditions (like crack houses, abandoned places, cars, motels).

And then even the ones whose episodes were super famous because of the amount of dysfunction, those people are right now sober and went on to get graduate degrees or professional positions regardless of their past.

That show can really teach you some things if you pay attention.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:21pm
I agree, who is. I am seperatist personally. But at the end of the day organized resistance to white supremacy (no matter how they resisted) is better than trying to get the majority of Black people on board with one opinion. Thats probably never going to happen.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Why do we need them to give in to anything?  .

Who knows where we would be like if they had just left us the hell alone.

And to expand on my last point. We don't need them to give in. We need to force our own progression despite what they think. Malcom X's contrast with King was an absolutely great way to get that done.

That's not going to happen. (to your second point)
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:32pm
we have a unique opportunity in that we are far more connected than we've ever been

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

and they have to believe there is a problem to begin with

Welllllll

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:34pm
Not getting black people on board with one idea necessarily.  Just making some factions of black people realize what and how deep the problem is would be a good step, because some of them really don't, or don't choose to acknowledge it.

And no they wont let us thrive and leave us alone.  Which is where personal responsibility AND community awareness is important.  When I was a kid, you couldn't get away with acting out in the neighborhood without the neighbors/family friends and then your family in your behind.  Our neighborhoods don't even really have that much anymore.  I believe a direct result of the melting pot mentality.

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Maybe, but as a community we have never agreed on a philosophy and probably never will--> Booker T, Dubois, Garvey, X, King, etc.... So realisticially, this is what has progressed us in the past and what will do it in the future. It doesn't matter people's thoughts of what's going to help our community, just as long as they do it right (organizationally).

Yes but all these people at least realized that the institution was the huge problem.  How they wanted to solve it was the sticking point.  But at least they acknowledged that.

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I agree, who is. I am seperatist personally. But at the end of the day organized resistance to white supremacy (no matter how they resisted) is better than trying to get the majority of Black people on board with one opinion. Thats probably never going to happen.

I don't think that has ever happened collectively with any group.

We just need one goal.... and eradicating racism shouldn't be the main goal .... it should be a by-product of a larger end goal .... which is to uplift (through educational efforts/ financial literacy/ strong code of ethics amongst each other/ ect for black Americans... (I'm keeping it local so my focus is here in the states). 

I'm sure theres more I could add but.. imo.. you don't have to have a purist mindset to contribute to the larger goal. You just have to contribute!! and do so by being more constructive than destructive.

Progress (as I see it) will come in time... maybe not my time... but it will come.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>