BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:58pm
Summary
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

i think there's more than one approach ... separatism vs a melting pot... guess that's a decision we need to make

Many maligned minority groups successfully rebranded 

The laws and processes and institutions can also be changed by concerted targeted involvement, gaining authority, representation, pressure, shame etc

That's why I feel it's important to know where and how racism manifests itself so it can be dismantled

I get what you are saying, but I genuinely do not think this will happen as long as there is a white majority in charge of these institutions.

I don't think we can change people from being racists, and rightly or wrongly, people will use their personal beliefs to impact the institutions they are involved with (Hobby Lobby, weak but linked example)

I'm now recognising that you are approaching this from a community based approach, whilst I was thinking more about what can an individual do
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:03pm

i think there's more than one approach ... separatism vs a melting pot... guess that's a decision we need to make

I actually don't think that we need to choose between one or the other as a community. Look at Martin Luther King vs Malcom X. Completely different philosophies and they definitely exchanged their insults with each other. Their followers were also seperated and debated a solution.

I think that the thing that helped the Black community most was that they were both very powerful/influential leaders. In my opinion that X's "radical" beliefs made King's "moderate" approach more digestable to mainstream America. It's like white people said "if we have to give in, we'd rather give in to King."

IDK Im rambling now, I just think that these two philosophies have been debated since the 19th century, but ultimately, what has helped the most is having strong leaders with an actual game plan (regardless of what that game plan is).
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

possibly off topic

but what's funny is the way some of yall describe lazy poor black people....well poor ass white folks do the exact same things lol

I mean the exact same things....like the sponging off the government for life thing that yall talk about, not wanting more out of life, etc

And poor whites are so stupid.  They don't realize they are in the same holey boat a lot of times with black people, with maybe just one less hole.  A lot of the time they go against their own best interests for their racist views.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:06pm
i watched an intervention of a crack addict

He ate lunch and showered at a hotel, slept on the roof of a condo

When he cleaned up he immediately got a 100k job as a Corp Mgr

White privilege is real...

I saw a Latino group strategizing to prepare Latino kids for positions of power

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:09pm
we're dissolving in the melting pot

Maybe that's not in our best interest 

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I actually don't think that we need to choose between one or the other as a community. Look at Martin Luther King vs Malcom X. Completely different philosophies and they definitely exchanged their insults with each other. Their followers were also seperated and debated a solution.

I think that the thing that helped the Black community most was that they were both very powerful/influential leaders. In my opinion that X's "radical" beliefs made King's "moderate" approach more digestable to mainstream America. It's like white people said "if we have to give in, we'd rather give in to King."

IDK Im rambling now, I just think that these two philosophies have been debated since the 19th century, but ultimately, what has helped the most is having strong leaders with an actual game plan (regardless of what that game plan is).

Why do we need them to give in to anything?  Who cares what they want.  The thing is that over the centuries we have had many initiatives, movements, etc. all destroyed by the white power structure.  A good example is Black Wall Street.  How much generational wealth could have been possible if that was allowed to thrive and not burned to the ground.  The Black Panthers were made out to be the worst thing in the world after the white media, Hoover, etc got hold to them.  All they wanted to do was protect the community and give free lunch to poor black children (plus some mo stuff).  And no one can convince me that the things that went on in the 80s weren't perfectly orchestrated.  Hell even reconstruction was shut down when then "niccas got too much power".

Who knows where we would be like if they had just left us the hell alone.

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:17pm
I guess the lack of cohesion is a big factor....

no common language (like the Latinos and spanish)

no common history (eg grandparents from Europe)

we have always been a broken community thrown together by circumstance... and the minute there is any sense of unity, they pull some divide and conquer bulls hit on us....

I mean to me, the greatest thing the whites in power fear is a proud, strong and unified black race.. hence all the policies to keep us fractured, divided and full of self hate...

we need to work on educating ourselves, solidifying our own self worth and rebuild our communities
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:18pm
Maybe, but as a community we have never agreed on a philosophy and probably never will--> Booker T, Dubois, Garvey, X, King, etc.... So realisticially, this is what has progressed us in the past and what will do it in the future. It doesn't matter people's thoughts of what's going to help our community, just as long as they do it right (organizationally).
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Summary

it's complicated...

the tagline for being Black in America
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training