Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:44pm

their boots are hand me downs or they are given to them freely just for breathing
Sponsored Links

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

you can't change someone's beliefs if they are not open to change

I'm not interested in changing how a racist person feels

since, like I just said I can't make them change their views

I do want to make sure laws are in place that protect my rights and that they are enforced

the only minds I care about possibly changing are the minds of new blacks

Heart

They don't have to have a positive view of me.  I don't care to be honest what white people think or feel.  But they are NOT going to treat me bad and hold me down.  I just want black people to realize that that is what's going on, even if you don't know that the boot in YOUR particular neck.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:47pm
i think there's more than one approach ... separatism vs a melting pot... guess that's a decision we need to make

Many maligned minority groups successfully rebranded 

The laws and processes and institutions can also be changed by concerted targeted involvement, gaining authority, representation, pressure, shame etc

That's why I feel it's important to know where and how racism manifests itself so it can be dismantled

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:48pm

possibly off topic

but what's funny is the way some of yall describe lazy poor black people....well poor ass white folks do the exact same things lol

I mean the exact same things....like the sponging off the government for life thing that yall talk about, not wanting more out of life, etc
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:49pm

ricky are you talking about italians and irish, etc becoming white?

well we all know no one wants to be black
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:51pm
This makes me think of that black food activist with 5 kids by 4 fathers.

On the one hand, she's socially conscious and fighting against the racism that creates food deserts and unequal access to healthy food. On the other hand, she's consistently making choices that cripple her and her children in a racist society.

I would say their has to be a balance between awareness of what's out there and focusing on what's personal to us...but in some ways I think the balance should heavily favor the choices people have to make in their everyday lives to be fed, clothed, sheltered, etc.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

possibly off topic

but what's funny is the way some of yall describe lazy poor black people....well poor ass white folks do the exact same things lol

I mean the exact same things....like the sponging off the government for life thing that yall talk about, not wanting more out of life, etc

Right poverty is not specific to black people

And the racism that they deny, adversely, purposefully affects one's ability to get out of poverty, it's by design

There is no way that they are not linked.

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

ironically, it seems only one person 'caught feelings' in here... 
these were my thoughts as well.

I don't have too much to add because I feel a lot of you have summarized my thoughts pretty well.  This was a good thread, I enjoyed reading the anecdotes/opinions.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:56pm
even the Chinese or Japanese in America

There was a time when they were considered menial, yellow bellied, addressed only by slurs, interred, segregated 

Now they're know for being rich and excellent in math.. yes there are lingering stereotypes but quite as negative

More recently, using the media as it is today the LGBT community

We can definitely rebrand

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:57pm
my last post somewhat contradicts my stance in yesterday's section 8 thread, i'll admit. however, while section 8 is a far cry from a fancy pair of hermes boots (more like a pair of flimsy jesus mocassins with holes in the sole lol), it is a somewhat of a leg up over poor people who don't have the same "luxury". this is where personal responsibility comes into play. use that leg up to do better. kinda off topic...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style