Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

when i finally realized the level of resistance we face, i legit bawled 
lol it was like this coming of age for me and i was depressed about it for ions 

now im just numb and hold a deep anger for the mizungus

I think this is part of it

the truth is very painful
Sponsored Links

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:12pm
I agree that whites are not gonna give up those privileges.  I never worry about them or what they think to be honest.  I just want more black people to realize what racism has done to us, our community, our connection to our past and our love for ourselves and each other and move past it.  Easier said than done.  Conditioning is not easy to break, especially when the tools for that conditioning are still actually in place and some of the very victims of that conditioning don't realize they are also victims because they are not like the others.

The divide and conquer was very thorough.
Disapprove
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I guess I'm thinking...racism can't be solved/eradicated, either by individuals or communities.

So that being the case, then the only thing that really matters is doing the best you can with what you have. Recognize that racism is an issue, but that maybe in your particular circumstances, you're the issue and dealing with that would be more productive.

But idk. maybe not.

you've articulated some of the things i'm thinking... yes, we should all be aware of racism, but we may be blocked if that's all we think about given that it is not ours to control... so we have to focus on what is in our power..

I don't think its helpful to chastise people who are ignorant of the wide reaching effects of racism... i personally have learnt a lot on the subject on BHM, which realistically I probably would not have learned in my normal day to day life...

each one teach one and all that...
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:12pm

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

ok, once i got to the bottom I realized that you thought I was attacking you simply by invoking your name?  I was genuinely curious about MD's perspective bc she doesnt go into detail & felt maybe being from the same area it made you both have similar beliefs since you are two of the most consistent in your beliefs...didn't even imply whether it was good or bad...but anyway....

i'm "new black" when it comes to closing them damn legs.

No, not you.
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yep I agree with you whos

ThanksHeart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I agree that whites are not gonna give up those privileges.  I never worry about them or what they think to be honest.  I just want more black people to realize what racism has done to us, our community, our connection to our past and our love for ourselves and each other and move past it.  Easier said than done.  Conditioning is not easy to break, especially when the tools for that conditioning are still actually in place and some of the very victims of that conditioning don't realize they are also victims because they are not like the others.

The divide and conquer was very thorough.
Disapprove

I agree with you again
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:17pm

to say it isn't as beneficial for poorer blacks to be socially conscious is also a strange idea

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:18pm

to say it isn't as beneficial for poorer blacks to be socially conscious is also a strange idea

who was saying that?
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:18pm

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

I think this is part of it

the truth is very painful

in my experience i simply wasnt mentally, psychologically or emotionally ready to receive the truth but i had no choice, i had to deal....i've cried many nights over it 

Edited by mrshairdo - Jul 02 2014 at 10:19pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>