Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:20pm
i agree, there are things that can and can't be controlled.
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I'm done with this thread

I hate how you can't have a discussion without people catching feelings...

Nobody said racism didn't exist...especially not me.
I said can racism still be B-L-A-M-E-D in 2014 for those who can't get ahead...when theres so many success stories that say otherwise...

y'all catch feelings every single time...almost on cue lol..in these type of threads and start reading stuff that is never there...

I'm done.

you don't understand what racism or sexism is

I'm guessing your community may be to blame but you are old enough to do your own research now
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

BHM needs to retire the phrase "catching feelings". the discussion is civil modeless

CB et al I hinted at SL's post from page one! HMPF

Indeed.  when the feels get caught ad hominem attacks are usually somewhere in the post.  there's a difference between catching feelings and having a discussion where both sides are passionate about their stance.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:35pm

a racist can fall in love and produce children with someone that is the race they despise

saying some blacks are successful so racism isn't as big of an issue really doesn't make sense

I honestly don't think people that say this understand how complex isms are
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

them crackas smell like wet dogs!

lmao… where did this come from..?

i think i was repeating what someone said.
that sentence seems unlike me… 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:43pm
I think I'm all about this control what you can doctrine.

Racism is a thing. And yet, at the end of the day, we still have to live our lives. Maybe everything, like racism can't be overcome, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. And in that case, does it really matter whether someone doesn't believe racism is the issue? Idk.

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:45pm
I agree that there are a lot of things directly in the community that can be controlled better by us.  But I also realize that because of the power structure set up it's not that easy to do on a large scale.  I feel a lot of the problems that hold back our community are a direct result of slavery, racism and most recently integration:

violence/crime
drugs
internalized hatred and in fighting
etc.

I also hope that people that realize that if black people all together start to shake off the effects of racism and try to go somewhere, it will not be well received.  And there is precedent to show that.

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:47pm
I am a little surprised by MD… 

and i dont think anyone caught feelings. Its normal to get a little flustered with something like racism when there are threads and examples of it almost everyday. 

All ive seen is productive discussion that made me learn a few things. 
I dont like when people feel a way about something, have no issue with stating it, but refuse to expound on the topic. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:47pm

it matters if it affects how they vote

that is the main reason why I care

socially, I probably just wouldn't deal with you
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 9:48pm
MD is pretty conservative in her views about everything
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style