Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 5:13pm
ironically, it seems only one person 'caught feelings' in here...

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 02 2014 at 5:13pm
Sponsored Links

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 5:24pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 5:26pm

A black professor is singled out for walking across the street within the university campus

*before anyone says she shouldve dropped face down as soon as the cop approached, imagine how incredulously any regular old entitled middle aged white male professor would've acted in the same situation

The fact that this black professor is expected to act differently, got treated differently by govt sanctioned authority and will have a different overall outcome in a court of justice than her white counterpart .... this is racism in 2014

On top of that, what about the costs and effects on her future, where she works, how much she earns, where she lives 
... the trauma from having her rights trampled physically and psychologically, an arrest record, the publicity ... come now

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:18pm
I don't think we should discount the effects of media manipulation...

The media/the government/society is doing its level best to have paint a certain picture of the world, and black people in it, so its explainable that some 63% of people may believe it...
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:38pm
Wow. So some of ya'll actually believe that racism is not affecting blks' wealth and career developments?  Smh. Sh!t like this makes you want to disown ppl from the blk race.  

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:55pm
I'm not surprised by the responses in this threads...it's the same people every time with the racism doesn't affect us bullsh*t...blah blah blah.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:59pm
I would like to hear more of MD's opinion, especially since she's from Tx.  (Fill in member name, I forgot) is also from Tx, with similar views.

Eta: I just remembered, cream?

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 02 2014 at 7:16pm
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 7:06pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

Wow. So some of ya'll actually believe that racism is not affecting blks' wealth and career developments?  Smh. Sh!t like this makes you want to disown ppl from the blk race.  

I recommend that they section off 2 hours of their time to watch the PBS American Masters video that I posted on the last page of the BHM Black History thread. Im sure that they will benefit from the information and would probably be surprised to know that Jim Crow Laws (legal, systematic discrimination against Black Americans in America) were abolished only 9 years before I was born.

Everyone in USA or that plans to live or work in USA should watch it b/c the ignorance on legal discrimination and its repercussions is very widespread...
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 7:46pm
threads like this really make me love and STAN for ricky and afro
lemme just go ahead and cosign all your statements from just reading pg 1-3
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair