BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:19pm
those pants and that belt though....LOL

sorryEmbarrassed
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I have been incredibly blessed but that does not mean that racism doesn't affect me or black in my position or blacks not in my position.

Racism adversely affect us all but has a disastrous effect on millions, although thousands get unique opportunities 

I've benefited from unique opportunities, that make me grateful not dismissive 

Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I am an American black, and I also have American blacks around me who started with little and are thriving.  My or their or whomever being "successful" doesn't change the fact that blacks whether American or not are not thriving to the level they should be considering what my ancestors in this country have actually contributed and gone through.  Are some people not ambitious, not going anywhere?  Sure. But it's a different ball game when you have lived for HUNDREDS of years in a country where the MAJORITY of the people in it have been doing everything they can to make sure you don't thrive and hopeful don't survive, even to the point of violence/terror to make sure that you don't.  That doesn't happen overtly anymore.  Black people who have been here a generation or two cannot know what that is like.  Blacks all over have put up with crap from whites.  But very few countries do you have whites ALL around you trying to make sure you fail.  For generations.  It's different.  Despite that, I don't see all black Americans as the failures some want us to believe that we are.  So no, I can't say your opinion is AS VALID as mine.  And trust me, my family is successful, but I have not nor will not take that for granted and put others in some sort of why can't they do it too box.  It's more complex than that.

excellent posts
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

do people ignore the stats comparing median income by race and gender or do they just ignore them?
goes to show people dont read

just last week the doc posted a thread that clearly stated that black post grads were earning as much and if not slightly less than white high school dropouts

but thats none of our business though
mmm-hmm..I was gonna mention that

...that's a pretty major piece of information...it flew over some heads or what?Ouch
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by laddie laddie wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I'm not a fan of either mentally. The bootstraps or the "woe is us." Neither is useful. 

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. There are too many black people (many foreign) succeeding in spite of it. A significant amount are doing better than the average White American. The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years. They are the ones that don't have the tools or the foundation to progress. Its very sad.

Foreign "blacks" are not the same blacks this article is talking about. Everyone knows that Africans who are fob fare much better than the blacks who have been here. 

What significant amount of black people are doing better than the average white American? Confused
The average white American with only a high school diploma/GED has better chance of getting and keeping a job than a black person with a college degree? Factor in how much easier it is for a white person to get secure a housing loan, car loan, and any other white privilege loan or hand out...and I'm just not sure how much better the significant amount is doing.

Please don't allow the token blacks and the 5% African-American corporate workers to represent the whole. Because overall, racism continues to have far-reaching effects on ALL blacks (especially those who were born here). 

Thumbs Up
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

No one ever asked me this question. Can't trust that 63% number. 100% of my mind tells me that's bs.

you only trust studies you are apart of?

Ones having to do with black people.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

If you make enough money, invest, save and spend wisely. 
If you choose to spend your earnings on 'Designer' labeled articles, then it is difficult to get ahead.

A percentage of all cultures get ahead, and the others spend as fast as they earn 

Your stereotyped beliefs ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, not the solution 

What if you don't make any money or enough money to begin with 
- because you are paid less or not hired at all for simply being black because the employer buys into stereotypes (like yours)
- corps and businesses are pressured to move out of inner cities or not supported by the city administration specifically to reduce chances of gainful employment
- the inner city community is then gentrified, and you're moved to a location with no jobs in the area

I could go on and on... RACISM is systemic and institutionalized and backed by the govt on all levels and the majority

Designed so that the majority can't "make" it and only a few can creep out... like the lottery

BOOTSTRAPS are a myth until the playing field is leveled 

I am neither racist, nor am I stereotyping.

I said if you make enough money ......

I did not mention any specific Race. I also said all cultures have a percentage of people who get ahead....

Again, no Race was singled out.   My statement was very neutral.

You must take everyone here for complete idiots. Come again.

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 02 2014 at 4:26pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:27pm

I'm done with this thread

I hate how you can't have a discussion without people catching feelings...

Nobody said racism didn't exist...especially not me.
I said can racism still be B-L-A-M-E-D in 2014 for those who can't get ahead...when theres so many success stories that say otherwise...

y'all catch feelings every single time...almost on cue lol..in these type of threads and start reading stuff that is never there...

I'm done.

Edited by ModelessDiva - Jul 02 2014 at 4:32pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:28pm

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I'm not a fan of either mentally. The bootstraps or the "woe is us." Neither is useful.

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. There are too many black people (many foreign) succeeding in spite of it. A significant amount are doing better than the average White American. The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years. They are the ones that don't have the tools or the foundation to progress. Its very sad.

I must say this entire post surprised me.
and stats?
@ the bolded...are you saying a significant number of 'average' black americans doing as well as, or better than the 'average' white american? cause surely you couldnt be comparing the average white american with the above average black american (which i guess is what an AA would have to be, to be considered succcessful --above average)

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 02 2014 at 4:31pm
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:29pm
http://f2.blackhairmedia.com/18-things-white-people-should-know-about-racism_topic371453_post10903844.html?KW=racism#10903844

*sigh* I'm just gonna drop this here again...some of the points highlighted have been touched on in this thread

it's a list made for white people but it's needed I think cos I'm honestly baffled by some of the comments here

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

3. Oprah’s success does not mean the end of racism. The singular success of a Black man or woman (i.e. Oprah, or Tiger Woods, or President Obama) is never a valid argument against the existence of racism. By this logic, the success of Frederick Douglas or Amanda America Dickson during the 19th century would be grounds for disproving slavery.

5. America has not “gotten over” its race-related problems. In American History class you learned about slavery and Jim Crow, but sadly you were taught that figures like Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks eradicated an entire 200-year history of oppression, discrimination and segregation. Your history teachers and books tried close the race chapter on a high note, however the ongoing history of America’s systemic racism cannot be simply wrapped up and decorated with a “now we all are equal” bow.

6. Google is your best friend. Search: Black/White wealth gap, redlining, “White flight,” subprime mortgages and black families,  discriminatory sentencing practices, occupational overcrowding, workplace discrimination, employment discrimination, mandatory minimum sentences and in-school segregation to start. Here are some highlights:

7. Then read some more. Google: Black Wall Street, Sundown towns, eugenics and forced sterilization, and Black voting prohibition.

9. Realize that segregation is still rampant. Step outside and take a look around your neighborhood. Lacking people of color much? That is called segregation. It is not by chance, though sometimes by choice. (Refer to “redlining” Google search.)

• About your neighborhood again: Displacing people of color much? That is called gentrification.
  • Think about the schools you went to and the classes you had. Not too many minorities in either? (Refer to school segregation/in-school segregation.)

18. Black people are not obligated to answer the “Well, what do we do about it?” question. Though many of us do and are not heard. The call for reparations in the form of “Baby Bonds”  is a great idea. So is desegregating our classrooms  and closing the school-to-prison pipeline. These courageous voices are speaking very loudly — it is time to start listening.

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:33pm

5. America has not “gotten over” its race-related problems. In American History class you learned about slavery and Jim Crow, but sadly you were taught that figures like Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks eradicated an entire 200-year history of oppression, discrimination and segregation. Your history teachers and books tried close the race chapter on a high note, however the ongoing history of America’s systemic racism cannot be simply wrapped up and decorated with a “now we all are equal” bow.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
  Share Topic