Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:04pm

Ok. Deleted because it went over my head.  Exiting stage right. 

Edited by Ds2nice - Jul 02 2014 at 12:05pm
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

I am neither racist, nor am I stereotyping.

I said if you make enough money ......

I did not mention any specific Race. I also said all cultures have a percentage of people who get ahead....

Again, no Race was singled out.   My statement was very neutral.

Are you black?   Your wording about not being racist seems quite strange.

I saw a movie where the govt sent "operatives" to infiltrate, spy/report and dismantle black freedom/power movements

The way some posters post, it would almost be better if that's why they say the things they say

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

White people have NEVER throughout history thought racism was a problem. Ever. Like, pull studies from the 60s or even the 30s. They have CONSISTENTLY never thought they were racist and that blacks not getting ahead was our own fault. Those stats, about their perception of blacks, have not changed in centuries. That's horrible. That's why it pisses me off to see them emulate our culture. They think blackness is cool. Being "hood" is cool. Living in the ghetto makes you tough therefore also being "cool", but at the same time they feel like all blacks are there out of just being stupid and lazy...and for the nu ni88as that want to act like "well dat do be da case"...white people feeling like that is not anything new. Even in the 50s when blacks were poor white people thought it was our fault. So it amazes me when blacks take the bait. Nu ni88as and ignorance is what is setting us back within our own community. If we collectively stood for something and held together we would probably be at least respected as a force to be acknowledged. 

They live in a society where our pain is looked at as an "excuse". But at the SAME time, they will go IN on how Germany was wrong in how they treated Jews. 

I also think it is extremely intellectually dishonest to act like centuries of oppression, coupled with being institutionally blocked from ALL levels of progression (housing, education, employment) all the way up to the late 60s means nothing. Our grandparents lived during the Civil Rights Era. That's 50-60 years ago. This means the only realistic opportunity for blacks to progress started around 1968. 1970s really. That generation was our grandparents. Most black families started from either a shack in the country (working as a sharecropper or in general farm/labor on a white man's land getting paid pennies) or in the ghetto/projects. White families did not. They had about a 500 year time frame over blacks to "pull themselves up". All while making money off of the labor of our grandparents which they left in land, investments, and general property (old money) to their white children. So who is really the lazy ones when your entire race has had a silver spoon in it's mouth and all things your family has is steeped in white privilege? 

Truthfully, blacks have had about 60-70 years to "rise" from nothing. Literally nothing. I think where we are now, despite the extreme amount of negativity that blacks have for themselves and whites have towards us, is very good considering our history. 

New blacks phuck everything up. White people are NOT on your side, never will be and never have been. Every ethnic group has been compensated in SOME way for their ethnic group being abused, and therefore set back in progression.....except for blacks...even if it was just acknowledgement. I think our grandparents should at LEAST receive something for what they faced. We can prove they were disenfranchised. My grandma can go to the Civil Rights Museum in Birmingham right now and point to pictures of some of her classmates that were attacked. But blacks who finally do "make it" are so grateful for just 3% of the pie they don't bother to reach for even half. It's very sad. 

HeartHeart

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. 

The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years.

i tried to thank you twiceHeart

So... the people that are the VICTIMS of the problem are the problem?  I don't understand....Confused

All I will say is...

There are far too many successful black people in this day and age for racism to still be the reason why there are some that can't get ahead...

I'm just gonna leave it at that...
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:20pm
modeless...not you too?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:49pm
do people ignore the stats comparing median income by race and gender or do they just ignore them?

Add the stats on
Housing discrimination
Job selection and pay discrimination 
Black vs white conviction rates and sentence length

Never mind the countless vids of police harassing and arresting blacks for minutia which keeps private prisons stocked 

I could go on and on ... this is not imaginary, it's the reality for too many

Again there were quite a few successful blacks during slavery... that doesn't mean that racism had no impact on the majority or that the majority were free to prosper

Edited by rickysrose - Jul 02 2014 at 2:56pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

do people ignore the stats comparing median income by race and gender or do they just ignore them?
goes to show people dont read

just last week the doc posted a thread that clearly stated that black post grads were earning as much and if not slightly less than white high school dropouts

but thats none of our business though
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:58pm
Wow.  I guess people don't realize that even black people who are "successful" a high percentage of the time hit a glass ceiling trying to maneuver through parts of society/business.  But ok.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 3:01pm
i mean this respectfully and humbly and at no one in particular especially since I know nothing of poster's state in life

But are the people that say there is no racism ... are they truly prospering?  

If not, are they internalizing (taking on the blame) for the seemingly intangible effects that racism is having on their ability to truly prosper?

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

i mean this respectfully and humbly and at no one in particular especially since I know nothing of poster's state in life

But are the people that say there is no racism ... are they truly prospering?  

If not, are they internalizing (taking on the blame) for the seemingly intangible effects that racism is having on their ability to truly prosper?

This is what I think that some people's ideas/experiences don't allow them to understand.  You can point to the black doctor/lawyer/indian chief up the block.  But the little crumbs we have been allowed to take off the massa's table - truly scraps in the grand scheme of things.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style