Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. 

The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years.

i tried to thank you twiceHeart

Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Benni, you seem nice but your post about black people usually make me side eye the sh*t about you

Never mentioned anything about Black people.

Never mentioned any Race.
then why comment in here at all?

this article is specifically about how people view black people...that;s why I posted it here on a black-centred forum

no other race is mentioned...

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 7:44am
for all the coons

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 8:31am

I'm not a fan of either mentally. The bootstraps or the "woe is us." Neither is useful.

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. There are too many black people (many foreign) succeeding in spite of it. A significant amount are doing better than the average White American. The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years. They are the ones that don't have the tools or the foundation to progress. Its very sad.
this whole post is so all over the place it needs melo

I'm not sure you can gauge the success of foreign black people and use that as an indicator to the lack of systemic racial barriers to success

Let's remember that a good portion of these foreign blacks are already in better positions financially and socially than their AA counterparts who are mostly affected by this when they arrive in the us, [there was a study on this] therefore are able to straddle and better equipped with social mobility and schmoozing

Secondly.. I'd like for you to provide evidence that they are doing better than the average white American once you have compounded for their pre American background as a bias

And just for kicks, literally just for kicks, are you saying the "woe is us syndrome" is somewhat munchausens like and not really an affect of two hundred years of racism?

And lastly, are you saying that black people, some, including African blacks have transcended beyond the effects of racism to the point where their success demonstrates a level field?

Guuuuuuuurl....
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Benni, you seem nice but your post about black people usually make me side eye the sh*t about you

Never mentioned anything about Black people.

Never mentioned any Race.

Stern Smile

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:01am
White people have NEVER throughout history thought racism was a problem. Ever. Like, pull studies from the 60s or even the 30s. They have CONSISTENTLY never thought they were racist and that blacks not getting ahead was our own fault. Those stats, about their perception of blacks, have not changed in centuries. That's horrible. That's why it pisses me off to see them emulate our culture. They think blackness is cool. Being "hood" is cool. Living in the ghetto makes you tough therefore also being "cool", but at the same time they feel like all blacks are there out of just being stupid and lazy...and for the nu ni88as that want to act like "well dat do be da case"...white people feeling like that is not anything new. Even in the 50s when blacks were poor white people thought it was our fault. So it amazes me when blacks take the bait. Nu ni88as and ignorance is what is setting us back within our own community. If we collectively stood for something and held together we would probably be at least respected as a force to be acknowledged. 

They live in a society where our pain is looked at as an "excuse". But at the SAME time, they will go IN on how Germany was wrong in how they treated Jews. 

I also think it is extremely intellectually dishonest to act like centuries of oppression, coupled with being institutionally blocked from ALL levels of progression (housing, education, employment) all the way up to the late 60s means nothing. Our grandparents lived during the Civil Rights Era. That's 50-60 years ago. This means the only realistic opportunity for blacks to progress started around 1968. 1970s really. That generation was our grandparents. Most black families started from either a shack in the country (working as a sharecropper or in general farm/labor on a white man's land getting paid pennies) or in the ghetto/projects. White families did not. They had about a 500 year time frame over blacks to "pull themselves up". All while making money off of the labor of our grandparents which they left in land, investments, and general property (old money) to their white children. So who is really the lazy ones when your entire race has had a silver spoon in it's mouth and all things your family has is steeped in white privilege? 

Truthfully, blacks have had about 60-70 years to "rise" from nothing. Literally nothing. I think where we are now, despite the extreme amount of negativity that blacks have for themselves and whites have towards us, is very good considering our history. 

New blacks phuck everything up. White people are NOT on your side, never will be and never have been. Every ethnic group has been compensated in SOME way for their ethnic group being abused, and therefore set back in progression.....except for blacks...even if it was just acknowledgement. I think our grandparents should at LEAST receive something for what they faced. We can prove they were disenfranchised. My grandma can go to the Civil Rights Museum in Birmingham right now and point to pictures of some of her classmates that were attacked. But blacks who finally do "make it" are so grateful for just 3% of the pie they don't bother to reach for even half. It's very sad. 

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. 

The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years.

i tried to thank you twiceHeart

So... the people that are the VICTIMS of the problem are the problem?  I don't understand....Confused

Edited by whosbotheringme - Jul 02 2014 at 11:21am
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:36am
Coons say I got a good job, I say build a nation.
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Lies ricky! all you need to do is go to school get a college education and then you'll be hired. Nevermind that thread recent thread about YTs having highschool edu. and black having a college degree both having the same chance of being hired. I dont see colour. Racism is dead. etc etc etc

Edited by Ds2nice - Jul 02 2014 at 12:05pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:59am
Diane was being sarcastic lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic