Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

63% of Americans Believe Blacks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:55pm
I'm not a fan of either mentally. The bootstraps or the "woe is us." Neither is useful.

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. There are too many black people (many foreign) succeeding in spite of it. A significant amount are doing better than the average White American. The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years. They are the ones that don't have the tools or the foundation to progress. Its very sad.

Edited by uppitynegroid - Jul 01 2014 at 7:56pm
Sponsored Links

laddie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote laddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I'm not a fan of either mentally. The bootstraps or the "woe is us." Neither is useful.

I personally don't believe that current systemic racism is the problem. There are too many black people (many foreign) succeeding in spite of it. A significant amount are doing better than the average White American. The problem are the people who are entrenched in an endless viscous cycle from the systemic racism of the past couple hundred years. They are the ones that don't have the tools or the foundation to progress. Its very sad.

Foreign "blacks" are not the same blacks this article is talking about. Everyone knows that Africans who are fob fare much better than the blacks who have been here. 

What significant amount of black people are doing better than the average white American? Confused
The average white American with only a high school diploma/GED has better chance of getting and keeping a job than a black person with a college degree? Factor in how much easier it is for a white person to get secure a housing loan, car loan, and any other white privilege loan or hand out...and I'm just not sure how much better the significant amount is doing.

Please don't allow the token blacks and the 5% African-American corporate workers to represent the whole. Because overall, racism continues to have far-reaching effects on ALL blacks (especially those who were born here). 

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:31am
No one ever asked me this question. Can't trust that 63% number. 100% of my mind tells me that's bs.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

<span style="font-size: 12px;">
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

If you make enough money, invest, save and spend wisely. </span>

<span style="font-size: 12px;">If you choose to spend your earnings on 'Designer' labeled articles, then it is difficult to get ahead.</span>

<span style="font-size: 12px;">A percentage of all cultures get ahead, and the others spend as fast as they earn </span><span style="font-size: 12px;"> .
</span><div style="font-size: 12px;">
<span style="font-size: 12px;">Your stereotyped beliefs ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, not the solution 
</span> 

What if you don't make any money or enough money to begin with 
- because you are paid less or not hired at all for simply being black because the employer buys into stereotypes (like yours)
- corps and businesses are pressured to move out of inner cities or not supported by the city administration specifically to reduce chances of gainful employment
- the inner city community is then gentrified, and you're moved to a location with no jobs in the area

I could go on and on... RACISM is systemic and institutionalized and backed by the govt on all levels and the majority

Designed so that the majority can't "make" it and only a few can creep out... like the lottery

BOOTSTRAPS are a myth until the playing field is leveled 

I am neither racist, nor am I stereotyping.

I said if you make enough money ......

I did not mention any specific Race. I also said all cultures have a percentage of people who get ahead....

Again, no Race was singled out.   My statement was very neutral.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:36am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Benni, you seem nice but your post about black people usually make me side eye the sh*t about you

Never mentioned anything about Black people.

Never mentioned any Race.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:42am
interesting
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

No one ever asked me this question. Can't trust that 63% number. 100% of my mind tells me that's bs.

you only trust studies you are apart of?
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:57am
I mean...

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Wasn't there a poll of a similar percentage of White Americans who believed racism against Whites is more of an issue than discrimination against Blacks? Yeaaaaaa

man i laughed so hard

mercy...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 1:04am
the article is about black people and we are a black board not sure who else you'd be talking about in this thread 

And just because thousands of people win the lottery doesn't mean that the lottery is a means of financial success for millions

The article showcases that the majority hold a severe bias at black's expense and people can still deny that racism exists?  

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>