Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6 year olds broken edges

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tortorloviejaea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tortorloviejaea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 year olds broken edges
    Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 10:51pm
My six year old have very think coarse hair that Is healthy BUT her edges are really broken off, I'm guess from me doing ponytails and putting rubber bands in it. So what I would like to know is how can I get her edges back and what may be the best product for her hair?
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 12:07pm
May I ask what product are you using to slick back her edges and are you using rubber bands to style her hair?  For slicking her edges, I would recommend a pomade like the African Pride for Kids.  To help slow down the breakage, I would suggest the protein conditioner for kids by Africa's Best.  It has a lime green lid and the cream is like custard color.  I will be back for more suggestions but hopefully more people will chime in.
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:00pm
Hey girl..

• Don't use those little black rubber bands to style her hair, or those little headbands with the flowers on them; they will break her hair off.
  • It sounds like you need to keep her edges, just as her regular hair, moisturized consistently. A good product for this is aloe vera juice. Try making a moisturizing spritz in a spray bottle, with water, aloe vera juice and vegetable glycerin. Remember when hair is deprived of moisture it snaps and breaks.
  • Deep condition her hair every week, alternating between protein and moisture treatments.
  • Also I found some articles to help you out along the way. Hope this helped. 
  • Keep calm, don't freak out.

http://www.blackandmarriedwithkids.com/2012/12/5-more-things-i-did-to-get-my-daughters-natural-hair-growing/ llery/image/5-deep-condition-the-hair-on-a-weekly-basis/

http://www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com/2011/11/protective-styling-for-your-childs.html

happygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:52pm
It sounds like you are a big brusher. Brushing curly/kinky hair is a no no because it causes the hair to stretch too far. That causes stress breaks and leads to excessive dryness. Smoothing can be achieved with a small tooth comb after a big comb has been used to detangle. Look at the ingredients of whatever product you want to use. Look for key ingredients such as such a lanolin or glycerin, both are softening agents and humectants. They are both good for the over all hair. You can make your own with one part glycerin and two parts olive oil. The hair can and will get a little sticky in a few days but you should shampoo once a week for the health of the scalp. Don't go over 2 weeks without shampooing as that will cut down on the possibility of fungus growths on scalp that a lot of people want to call dandruff, but it's not.
foxy843 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxy843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:39am
You can also message her edges with DON'T BE BALD for kids. I've tried this product on my daughters and it works...hope this was helpful.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:21am
Also, putting wet/damp hair in ponytails of any type can cause breakage. As the hair dries, it shrinks and will break off.

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 3:55pm
just leave her edges alone. missing edges or broken off edges are almost always a result of too-tight styles or using very harsh products to force hair into a style. there's never a need to slick a child's edges back tight. especially given that it's the nature of our hair to stick out and coil at random. i gave up the edges fight a looong time ago, and my hair has been the better for it! 
just capitalize on looser styles and loose ponies and twists. rubber bands usually aren't a problem if you don't put them on so tight they snap the hair off or cut into it. the key word is LOOSE. LOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic