Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

!!6 month post partum update!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 4.64  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !!6 month post partum update!!
    Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 2:50am
First and foremost, let me just say though I got fatter than I have ever been in my life AFTER I gave birth, I am also happier! I am 5 feet and weigh 193 lbs, up from my prepreg weight of 150lbs--a size 8-10. I don't wanna know what size I am now, so I still wear my maternity jeans and sweats. I am slowly losing the weight, my starting was 207lbs. This is the only area of my life that I am not at all happy with. It was so easy to gain 30 lbs after I had my baby, but getting it off takes MAD discipline.

Hezekiah made 6 months last Thursday and he is growing  too FAST!!Cry
I was looking at his newborn pics and I cried. He is not my little baby anymore. I love that little boy something FIERCE!!
My vagina and nagging clitoral soreness is FINALLY healed, though I do still feel slight discomfort and pressure there when I squat for prolonged periods.

Baby is cutting two bottom teeth, knows how to walk backward and forward in his walker and is kinda crawling. He sorta burries his head and pushes forward. He is thisclose to sitting up on his own.
For those who care, here is a quick vid of him in action in the walker--skip to 1:21 and watch till the end. Sorry I don't know how to edit;

He has been saying dada for the last 3 weeks. He gets really excited and says it repeatedly when my husband gets home and jumps up and down in the walker or in my lap when he sees him. That was how we knew it wasn't just random gibberish. It is the cutest thing ever. 

We tried solids at 23 weeks, (peas, carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes, prunes, spinach--all gerber stage one baby food). I think it was too much too soon, it constipated him.Dead
So I stopped with that after only 4 days. I am still breast feeding him and hope to keep it up until he hits 1.

I am not sure if I mentioned this, but once he turned 5 weeks old, I took him off my breast and started exclusively pumping. We are both much happier with this arrangement. LOL I have made peace with the fact that my left nipple will never be the sameOuchLOL. With the help of fenugreek (a herb that stimulates lactation) I am able to feed him and freeze 1-2 bags of milk per day, so we had to buy a freezer chest just for my milk.

Sex. Thought I would never have it againDead. Between having no drive whatsoever and being beyond sleep deprived it was not even on my list, let alone the last thing on it. My husband was very understanding and was ok with a very restricted menuEmbarrassed.

Fast forward to the last week and I feel like a newly wed again. I don't know what is going on but I feel like my love and PASSION for my husband has increased 100 fold in the last week. Our marriage has been great, but I just feel like our warmth and the romance is back the way it was when we were 1st married. I feel like this incredible bond has been formed with the baby now being here. I feel like the love is like an invisible glue literally binding the 3 of us together.  It is almost on par with the love I have for God. It am literally kinda rattled by it's intensity. This love is almost painful in it's sweetness. I am doing an awful job describing this, I hope I am getting it across--it's harder to express than I thought it would be. If I had to come up with a theme song at this point it would be this;

I said I would let you know how my 1st post partum "encounter" went.
It was AMAZING. Until after I climaxed. From that time until the end it was very painful. The next time was much better and NOW---it's better than it's EVER been!!!

Not only is the fire rekindled, it BLAZES like never before. I think I love my husband more now and am more attracted to him than ever.  Everything feels fresh and new between us. So for anyone here who is concerned about sex after having a child DON'T be!! I feel like even though my body is not where it was in my younger years the confidence I have as a woman and having had a child in front of this man --I am completely at ease with him. I am not where I wanna be physically, but as I work my way there, I am comfortable in this skin with my mate. THAT is an amazing feeling and it makes being intimate with him that much more special.

After my salvation in Christ and being blessed with my husband, my son is the greatest gift I have ever been given. I am so grateful to God for this special, happy little boy!

HeartCryHeart
Thank you ALL for the well wishes, the prayers and the support!!Clap I love you guys!

My edges; Um they started shedding like mad once baby turned 10 weeks old.
I am still waiting on them to make a reappearance;

Edited by mcelweewife - Jun 12 2013 at 11:51pm
Sponsored Links

mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 2:55am
Hopefully it works this time. start at 1:21

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 3:03am
Dang it's been six months already? Look at them chubby cheeks! Glad to hear things are starting to get back to normal for the most part for you! I bet hubby is glad your sex drive finally picked back up lol. 

Just wondering, how long did it take you to get him on a normal schedule as far as eating, sleeping, etc?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 3:04am
5*thread

That's one cute baby

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 3:12am
Awwww, motherhood looks great on you!!! I love
hearing stories from women who truly appreciate the gift of motherhood.

I'm so happy for you! Beautiful little boy and a beautiful family. I look forward to future updates!
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 3:15am
&& the vid is super cute!! He's a Gerber baby!!
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 3:31am
6 months already?

HE . IS . ADORABLE ! ! !
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 3:51am
Great update and beautiful family
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 3:54am
Six months already?

Haha too cute! Lookin like his daddy! He must be so proud!
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 4:04am
AwwwHeart
Your family and baby are too damn cute! He looks so happy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>