FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

6 month old braids take down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 month old braids take down
    Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 9:51am

This popped up on my timeline. Is this a new natural hair trend?  xtreme protective styling 
Has anyone tried something similar perhaps not 6 months but a few months. Is this crazy or something worth trying? 

Edited by lolabelle - Mar 14 2016 at 9:54am
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 10:02am
I wouldn't. It's not much to take down braids at least every two months, take care of my scalp, and braid it back up. I still retain.

I get it, and I believe it works, but I worry about the one time it wouldnt b so easy to get through the new growth and shed hair. It only takes one time to lose all ur progress and for what? Bevause ur too lazy to wash, comb, and condition at least one day out of two months? Naw
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 10:18am
My scalp wouldn't be able to handle it. 2 months is my max.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 10:26am
I've done it. 

It grew my hair tremendously, but the breakage was an issue; it's important to still wash your hair and deep condition it even when those braids are in.

It's also imperative to trim/cut your hair after you take them braids out.  Don't be fooled by the length, or the fact that it might "look" healthy, you NEED TO CUT the ends after all that.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 10:56am
w/o ever taking it down? that's gross.  don't some naturals think the quest for growth is a white man's thing?
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 12:36pm
Yeah that's disgusting

I've pushed three months before and my hair was knotty...

If you're properly moisturizing the build up would be insane. Ugh
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 1:01pm
Weave on a string is hysterical! Kudos for thinking outside the box.   But she was going to have the same growth with or without the protective style. It's much easier to learn how to just take good care of your hair. She did the right thing with using her fingers to detangle but she could have saved some hair by using some type of lubricant (conditioner or oil) to help glide her fingers through her hair. I would never do something like that because I like my hair to smell nice.   That hair funk must have been horrible! She must sleep alone.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 1:12pm
^^^yeah i would have use the oil + conditioner mix as well to make the strands easier to detangle

i'm glancing the comments and i think she said she took the string out and washed it regularly

...all that matting would drive me crazy..

@epitome- i read something a few weeks ago about how wanting long hair/doing length checks = falling into eurocentric ideas of beauty...i just paused and stared long and hard at my screen smh
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 2:13pm
I did not watch the video, so I could be totally wrong but for me... She has dreadlocks now. this is crazy, can you just image the smell.  When I wore weaves and this was like 12 years ago, I kept them for no more than 6 weeks - 7 tops.  She is going to lose more hair taking this mess out.
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 7:24pm
I couldn't...
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic