BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

6 month braid challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

Author
naturalhairgoal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturalhairgoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 6:32pm
Yes, I think I know my hair while in braids. I've been in braids since November of last year and I've made great progress with my hair. I miss my hair so much, but the braids have helped with my growth. I've been using the same method since Nov 2011. I use a water ( sometimes I add my herbs, aloe juice, or rose water) as daily spritz and then I seal. Sometimes I do the LOC method, but not very often.

Edited by naturalhairgoal - Oct 16 2012 at 6:36pm
Sponsored Links

MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 8:22am
Did I ever say I wanted to join this challenge? I have basically been in braids since May 2012 with one period of maybe a week and a half with my natural hair out. I have been having a lot of issues with retaining my growth due mainly (imo) to a poor diet and slacking on deep conditioning and protein treatments and I want to use braids (or something braid-like) to get back on track.

After addressing my diet.......

I am trying to find a good take down, pre-install and in braid routines that will support healthy hair and thus growth. As far as takedown I like using African Pride braid take down spray and finger detangle. I am currently using suave shea cocoa butter shampoo but I am looking to switch to cleanser instead. I am deep conditioning with something I received at a natural hair day event. It's okay but I think I will go back to silk elements olive oil deep conditioner. I know that somehow I need to work the Aphogee treatment back in to help strengthen my hair. When I did this in the past my growth was amazing and I attribute most of it to at least using it every other month with the less intense aphogee treatment every two weeks. 

When I put my braids in I am going to start using a tip someone here mentioned about putting a heavier shea butter mixture on my hair to help keep my hair moisturized when in the braids which will make for an easier take down. 
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:40pm
Looks like this thread has been kinda dead but... I've decided not to take a break from my braids! I'm sticking with the challenge. For now at leastLOL
I took out my braids a week ago. Two days after, it snowed. I hate frozen hair, which is motivation for getting back into braids. Plus, I realize that I really do need as little manipulation as possible. AND, it looks like I have some growth. I've been in braids since July, and though I havent been great at taking pictures or measuring, I know that I'm retaining length.
My plan is to get my hair braided next month. I just need to decide what kind of braids. I love yarn braids, but I'm having trouble finding a reasonable and decent braider here and Boston.

And welcome MzCaliky!! I remember seeing a woman on youtube who braided tracks of sew in weave, so it was like a row of braids. She sewed them in like you would a regular weave. I can't remember what her name was, or how I came across the video though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 7:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 7:52pm
SIIIIIGH how do I post pics on here????Censored
Shortee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:02pm
I need to join! My story is....I was overprocessed on Aug. 30th so by the end of Sept. I had lost my nape and several patches in the back. So I braided it up.

Sept.-Oct. Long medium sized box braids with large parts
Nov. to Dec. micro braids (could not braid the nape)
Dec. 2nd Kinky twists (I caught the nape)

I wanna stay braided until my natural hair is full SL. The problem is I measured only 1 inch of newgrowth from Aug, 30 to Dec. 1st. Looks like it will take two years at the rate I'm growing.

solotaken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solotaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:53am
I would like to do a challenge but it looks like im too late. You said Aug.15 and today is Dec. 11. I guess I would start my own challenge but mines is going to be crochets. They really grow your hair and easy to take out and put in. The only bad thing is im not washing them cause im afraid they will mess up.
And oh, i have braids in my head right now. They been in since Thanksgiving and im taking them down the week before Christmas so i can get a good 3 intch trim and so i can experiment with my transitioning hair for a week. Then the next week I will do crochet braids.... challenging myself for 5 months.
I just wanted to share my thoughts.
naturalhairgoal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturalhairgoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 8:42pm
Where is everyone ? This thread went dead!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic