Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5-year-old Calls 911 After 90-year-old Babysitter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

5-year-old Calls 911 After 90-year-old Babysitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:46pm
I would feel so bad about leaving my child with a 90 yr old.

Obviously she's healthy and all that. But I just think at 90 she should be chilling on the porch drinking iced tea and reading romance novels...not running after a child.

But then again, strong communities are only that way because all generations work together to for the good of the community. Watching kids probably keeps her young and healthy...and the children learn a lot from her wisdom and being able to interact with an older person.

I'm conflicted.
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:48pm
Me too maysay.

nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:56pm
Bless both of them and glad everything turned out okay.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I would feel so bad about leaving my child with a 90 yr old.

Obviously she's healthy and all that. But I just think at 90 she should be chilling on the porch drinking iced tea and reading romance novels...not running after a child.

But then again, strong communities are only that way because all generations work together to for the good of the community. Watching kids probably keeps her young and healthy...and the children learn a lot from her wisdom and being able to interact with an older person.

I'm conflicted.

Me too.... 
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 2:31pm
Oh ok- based on the title I thought the child called the police on the babysitter because she did something to the kid.

Glad she was able to help her
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 3:44pm
Love stories like this !!

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 4:03pm
I'm with maysay and the others(lol), conflicted.

sidenote: my mom is around 90 and she looks good and she's still mobile and in pretty good shape--walks a mile a day. But she is not interested in babysitting any kids and hasn't in over 25 years. The grands don't even come for summer like they used to back in the day. Mom say she's thru! lol Rarely does she even cook anymore. I love her life lol.

Edited by PurplePhase - May 15 2014 at 4:04pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 4:44pm
my grandma is 91 and wants to babysit a kid sooo bad which is why she's always pestering me
there's nobody at home all day so she's by herself until my sisters come home
babysitting probably does keep this womans mind agile--she has someone to talk to and stuff to do
my grandma was babysitting other kids at like 82ish--my parents made her stop after like 87 I think. she whines about it lol
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

my grandma is 91 and wants to babysit a kid sooo bad which is why she's always pestering me
there's nobody at home all day so she's by herself until my sisters come home
babysitting probably does keep this womans mind agile--she has someone to talk to and stuff to do
my grandma was babysitting other kids at like 82ish--my parents made her stop after like 87 I think. she whines about it lol

how many does she have? LOL

my mom did it back in the day so I guess she say she's tired. She has great great grands now. The parents understand.LOL

eta: not to say she has never watched them but it's not something she does often or is always asking to have kids dropped off. At this pt, I think we'd be upset if someone did drop kids off for her to watch. Unless she requested it.

Edited by PurplePhase - May 15 2014 at 6:06pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 6:23pm
My granny was done with babysitting and ready to stop cooking in her early 70s.

Imma be the same way.Approve 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style