BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

5 THINGS BLACK WOMEN DID THIS WEEK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mollymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mollymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 4:04pm
love this
Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 4:24pm
If George Lucas marries Mellody now, I'ma call him all kinds of schemeing asses. I might even throw in a golddigger.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

If George Lucas marries Mellody now, I'ma call him all kinds of schemeing asses. I might even throw in a golddigger.

man they have been with each other for a minuteLOL
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 6:23pm
Clap
lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 6:48pm
[QUOTE=PurpleHaze] can't wait to see the Oprah series.
[/QUO TE]
Me too it sounds real twisted. Like that "Something's wrong with the Johnsons" (?) short film last yr.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 7:56pm
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 9:17pm
Niiiiiccceee!!!!!
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 11:32pm
yas maam yas gurl
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:25am
For this week...

Originally posted by Clutch Clutch wrote:

The Friday 5: This Week’s Fabulous News About Black Women

Gabby Douglas covers Essence

It’s Friday, so you know what that means: time to shine a light on sisters who are doing big things!

After a looooong week of Hurricane Sandy, D.L. Hughley’s idotic comments, and non-stop political coverage, it’s time to end the week on a positive note.

So, here 5 fabulous stories about black women.

Gabby Douglas covers Essence. One of America’s favorite Olympians snagged the cover of the December issue of Essence magazine. Not only are we excited that the teen dynamo is getting some much-deserved shine, but we’re also happy that Essence is expanding its list cover girls. Check out a behind-the-scenes video of 16-year-old’s “2012 Women of the Year’ shoot. {Essence}

Verônica Lima became the first black councilwoman of Niterói, Rio de Janeiro. Good news for sisters in Brazil. Verônica Lima recently became the first black woman (and lesbian) to be elected to city council in Niterói, which is located in the state of Rio de Janeiro. Lima is the former Under Secretary of Food and Nutrition Security and created the first food bank in her state. Her background is in community activism and she said she will focus on women’s health issues in her community. Congrats! {Black Women of Brazil}

Venus and Serena Williams visit Nigeria to inspire more African women to take up tennis. Venus and Serena Williams are in Africa visiting parts of the continent as apart of the “Breaking the Mold” tour, which inspires young women to play tennis and lobbies for women’s rights. During a stop in Nigeria, the Williams sisters visited several schools and interacted with local women. Venus said she has been inspired by “the zeal and passion” of Nigerian women to achieve greatness. Speaking to a crowd, Serena told the audience, “We were able to break the mould in a sport that was really dominated by white people … it doesn’t matter what your background is and where you come from. If you have dreams, if you have goals that are all that really matters.” Indeed. {All Africa}

Spelman College begins $1 million wellness program. After realizing that nearly half of their students suffered from high blood pressure and obesity, ShockedConfused Spelman college in Atlanta ditched their athletics program, which only served four-percent of the population, and adopted a wellness initiative that will serve every woman on campus. Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum, Spelman’s president, explained why the institution thought the change was a good idea: “I have been to funerals of young alums who were not taking care of themselves, and I believe we can change that pattern not only for them but for the broader community.” Kudos to Spelman! {CBS News}

Rosie Lewis, 99-years-young, voted for the first time. Despite being alive for nearly a century, Lewis—a Florida resident—has never voted in a presidential election. This year, she vowed to change that. “I said I’m going to vote if the Lord spares my life this time,” she said. “I made it up to my mind to vote.” Lewis hasn’t been shy about who she is supporting, she told reporters, “I love Obama.” For those who think voting is no big deal, if a 99-year-old woman can get out and vote for the first time, so can you. {theGrio}

Edited by Alias_Avi - Nov 03 2012 at 8:28am
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Why is this only 2 pages?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair