BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

5 STUPID HABITS YOU DEVELOP GROWING UP POOR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Country poor sounds a lot like Caribbean poor.
I guess when I move  back to Caribbean I'll be living country poor richly. 
Cause there's nothing I want more than to grow my own food, and in Guyana....that's more than possible. I walk down the streets and pick bananas and mangoes off of trees  that line the roadside. The birds and the animals eat them, and children playing in the street use the green mangoes to play cricket. 
For a lot of my childhood we were very well off, rich even. But my mother still grew her own veggies in the garden downstairs, we had all kinds of fruit trees in our backyards, we had our own chickens and our own eggs, our neighbors had cows and that's where we got our milk. 

Frikken loved that life. I wish I could eat real food again. When I go to the grocery store I tell my mom, don't buy pick up apples for me because apples ain't pose to shine.  
 YAS!!!!!!!!LOL
Heart

Edited by Rumbera - Dec 20 2012 at 1:22pm
Sponsored Links

tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:32pm
My dad is an engineer and we didn't grow up poor, but my parents were raised poor so some of these things they sort of passed on.

None of that stuff about food and food stamps I can relate to, but the money vs poor mentality is kinda applies to me. I was better at saving when I was little because they MADE us save.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:03pm
as a kid I use to ask my mom for stuff... little things... and she would always say ... "No" 
like always , right. .. 

So I just stopped asking cause I knew what the answer would be.

So I've pretty much built my life around the idea that I will never have to ask anybody for anything.
I dont want any gifts for xmas... or bday or anyday. ... I even talk myself out of insignificant stuff.
I can say that it has ruined (not insanely) some of my relationships also. Like when I was with an x of mind I never asked her for anything... and she would ask me things like

"what do you want from me?" And I'm like ... " I dont know.. nothing really" 
I can imagine how that would be frustrating to deal with

All because of my super modest upbringing 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:12pm
we had muscadine / scuppernong vines when I was a kid (at grandma's) . I like the bronze ones  even tho   they make my mouth itch

scuppernongs

Edited by PurpleHaze - Dec 20 2012 at 2:20pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:42pm
All the fruit here swells and itches my mouth..I can only eat fruit in the can. When I go back home 1st thing after getting off the plane is: WHERE IS THE PERSON WIT THE PINEAPPLES STAT!!

I grew up poor but didnt know it. We thought we were well off becos we went to catholic school and paid tuition...We still couldn't have anything. Juice was like gold in my house. My mom would dilute the gallon half way with waterStern Smile.
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:49pm
truu

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

All the fruit here swells and itches my mouth..I can only eat fruit in the can. When I go back home 1st thing after getting off the plane is: WHERE IS THE PERSON WIT THE PINEAPPLES STAT!!

I grew up poor but didnt know it. We thought we were well off becos we went to catholic school and paid tuition...We still couldn't have anything. Juice was like gold in my house. My mom would dilute the gallon half way with waterStern Smile.
LOL

this is bringing back memories.

I grew up in the countryside and had no idea that I was broke. it was what it was.

We grew veggies, fruits etc. Chickens and pigs alladat.

Our breakfast was pure starches and you would be full like a mug til late afternoon.

Xmas time a pig was going to meet its maker.Stern Smile

Edited by Rumbera - Dec 20 2012 at 2:55pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

i do that to cut back on the sugar and i plan on doing that to my kids. they won't know what real juice tastes likeSleepy
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:59pm
Where can I find some muscadine / scuppernong?
I want to try some. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Where can I find some muscadine / scuppernong?
I want to try some. 
Any farmers market.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair