Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

4a/4b/4c afro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
cosmochica010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmochica010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4a/4b/4c afro
    Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 1:55pm
My hair in the middle is 4a and breaks less then other textures 4b/4c the problem is I've been trying new things. So 4b/4cers can I wear my hair in an Afro on a day to day bases without it breaking?
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 2:13pm
It's possible, but you would most likely have to braid your hair at night. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmochica010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 4:48pm
Okay. Thank you. I've just been to lazy lately to do my hair after a cowash and I'm taking a break from sewins so yeah I've been just sectioning my hair off and putting them into puffs
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 10:47am
the puffs alone do not protect the ends. I would braid or twist each puff after oiling them every night.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmochica010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:28pm
Good advice thank you
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:06pm
Braid/twisting is good but don't forget about having proper moisture lvls. Hair breaks when it's dry and has no elasticity and sometimes if you use too much protein. You may have to work up a regimen of some type and keep up the habit to avoid breakage. Other than that, you could use a silk (or satin) scaft or bonnet or pillowcase to help protect your hair as you sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmochica010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 9:07pm
update: so last night I got drunk and tied down my edges and left my afro exposed and my hairtye came off and I woke up and my hair was matted.....-_- and I washed my hair yesterday too..so ugh! Knots Knots knot=breakage :-( BUT!!! this made me use my spray bottle and detangle and get rid of the knots and then I put the twisties in and I've been green housing all day...and I will not take this shower cap off intill tomorrow.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 1:07pm
Yeah, defiantly be careful with wearing afros and puffs as the primary style on a consistent basis for the reasons mentioned here.  The constant manipulation of it having to be braided/twisted every night may be too much manipulation.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 4:35pm
It will be really hard to avoid breakage if you are constantly wearing a stretched or picked afro.  Either you'll have breakage from over-manipulation, or your hair will not be getting enough moisture, resulting in increased length retention difficulties anyway.

Have you thought about wearing wash and go's? It seems like you want to just wear your hair out, but the safest way to do that is to do a wash and go. The gel(a non drying one) seals in the moisture, and also keeps your hair clumped together, preventing it from tangling. Even when it matts, it doesn't get tangled and you just tug and unsmush it, or wet your hair and shake.

I also have had issues retaining length in other areas of my head in the past(before i started doing MHM regimen) I have mostly 4c/4b hair, with 4a at the nape, and would always be frustrated, because my hair grew out half afro, half mullet. Not to mention, one point in time i had a bald spot from using ecostyler lye gel. It only effected my 4b and 4c areas, but it grew back only when i began to ghe everyday 24 hours a day for 3 months straight, and it grew out of my head with maximum hydration, aka root to tip definition with no product. Now the rest of my head is on it way to looking like that.

The problem isn't apparent now though, and i find i'm retaining length even on the 4c hair at my widow's peak. This is because your main issue here is moisture. 4a hair tends to naturally retain more moisture and length because the curl size is less compact and less prone to tangling and knotting even in it's dehydrated state.

check out this thread for my regimen, it's called the Max Hydration Method. I also have pictures of my Maximum Hydration Method wash and go.

MHM Regimen
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

Set of before and afters
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page8.html

Updated pictures

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page22.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmochica010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:19am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

It will be really hard to avoid breakage if you are constantly wearing a stretched or picked afro.  Either you'll have breakage from over-manipulation, or your hair will not be getting enough moisture, resulting in increased length retention difficulties anyway.

Have you thought about wearing wash and go's? It seems like you want to just wear your hair out, but the safest way to do that is to do a wash and go. The gel(a non drying one) seals in the moisture, and also keeps your hair clumped together, preventing it from tangling. Even when it matts, it doesn't get tangled and you just tug and unsmush it, or wet your hair and shake.

I also have had issues retaining length in other areas of my head in the past(before i started doing MHM regimen) I have mostly 4c/4b hair, with 4a at the nape, and would always be frustrated, because my hair grew out half afro, half mullet. Not to mention, one point in time i had a bald spot from using ecostyler lye gel. It only effected my 4b and 4c areas, but it grew back only when i began to ghe everyday 24 hours a day for 3 months straight, and it grew out of my head with maximum hydration, aka root to tip definition with no product. Now the rest of my head is on it way to looking like that.

The problem isn't apparent now though, and i find i'm retaining length even on the 4c hair at my widow's peak. This is because your main issue here is moisture. 4a hair tends to naturally retain more moisture and length because the curl size is less compact and less prone to tangling and knotting even in it's dehydrated state.

check out this thread for my regimen, it's called the Max Hydration Method. I also have pictures of my Maximum Hydration Method wash and go.

MHM Regimen
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937. - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

Set of before and afters
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page8. - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page8.html

Updated pictures

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page22. - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page22.html

I've read some of your post before in terms of the MHM. But this was my first time actually seeing what to expect for the end result. I also agree with one of the forum member when she asked if you could upload a video. It would be more easier for me to follow the routine then and give it a try. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic