FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

47 year old woman delivers triplets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 47 year old woman delivers triplets
    Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:18pm

Woman delivers triplets at 47; babies go home

May 6th 2014 5:12PM

Sharon Lewis poses with her three new babies, Denere left, Denard and Dylan, before a Tuesday, May 6, 2014 news conference at a Miami hospital. She was surprised to learn she was pregnant again, this time with triplets. That's because Lewis is 47 and already has two older children. Doctors say it's rare for a woman her age to have conceived the babies naturally without fertility treatment.The babies were delivered early, at 30 weeks, on March 18th. Each weighed about two pounds. (AP Photo/J Pat Carter)

MIAMI (AP) - Sharon Lewis was already a mother of two when she found out she was pregnant again. This time it was with triplets - at the age of 47, and without fertility treatments.

"Now the tears rolled because it was unexpected," she said Tuesday, moments before she was to take her three new children home, just in time for Mother's Day.

Lewis, a school cafeteria monitor with a 25-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son, said she was not looking to get pregnant again at her age. "But I was good. Once I grasped it, I was OK."

Dylan, Denere and Denard slept while Lewis and her doctors addressed the news media at Holtz Children's Hospital at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center. Each of the triplets weighed about 2 lbs. when born March 18. Since then, they have all been cared for at the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit.

Lewis developed high blood pressure during her pregnancy, so her doctors decided to deliver the triplets early, at 30 weeks. They said it was rare for a woman her age not only to get pregnant but also to have multiple births spontaneously, without hormone or fertility treatments.

"It was a miracle she got pregnant. It was a miracle she got three. And all of them are healthy and normal and she is fine," said Dr. Salih Y. Yasin, an obstetrician who specializes in high-risk pregnancies and delivering multiples, as he held a sleeping Denere in his arms. "Getting pregnant is 1 percent, but to be twins it's probably 1 percent of that. Triplets is 1 percent of 1 percent of that."

Lewis said she was looking forward to bonding with her babies at home.

"I felt that it was nobody but God that blessed my womb at 47. I do believe he brought me to it, he'll bring me through it," she said with a wide smile.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 08 2014 at 12:19pm
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:24pm
Awww they look so beautiful and healthy.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:25pm
so cuteeeee...kiss kiss. look at their lips.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:51pm
awe so cute!! glad they are healthy 
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:21pm
Awwweee so cute
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:29pm
That's a blessing
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:32pm
Awww!

It would have been nice to see the father of these babies cooing over them as she is.
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:38pm
3 unexpected kids I don't think he (the dad) will be around...unless she books a reality show or something

Full throttle shade
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:42pm
WOW I know that was a surprise but congrats to her
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:44pm
Is it three boys?  What a handful at 50...at least the siblings are old enough to help

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic