It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:08pm
oh yes. there are several neighborhoods here on the southside that aren't considered the hood.  yt folks still think they are tho...
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Many whites think that because their coworker is black and they get along fine (aka: the black isn't speaking their mind about Trayvon Martin's death, doesn't talk "black", etc), that they can list those coworkers as a friend, yet they NEVER hang out.

I am not surprised at all by this statistic, which is really sad.
alladis. while i'm very accepting of people, genders, races blah blah blah kumbaya, i can't think of any white people i would readily call a dyed in the wool friend. however, i'm sure i know some white people i can't easily think of.

my friends are mostly black, asian and/or hispanic-- the latest of which being puerto rican/japanese. i thought that was an interesting combo.  

eta: ok. i'll never forgive myself for forgetting my most ginger darling. we get on so well and can talk about anything; i seriously looked him over.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Aug 09 2013 at 3:16pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:20pm
funny yall should mention the affluent black neighborhoods because i've always found it curious that you never see white folk busing their kids to the high achieving schools in these areas whereas we always shipping our kids off to assimilate with their children in their schools. 

they have no desire to integrate. that's all our doing. 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Many whites think that because their coworker is black and they get along fine (aka: the black isn't speaking their mind about Trayvon Martin's death, doesn't talk "black", etc), that they can list those coworkers as a friend, yet they NEVER hang out.

I am not surprised at all by this statistic, which is really sad.
alladis. while i'm very accepting of people, genders, races blah blah blah kumbaya, i can't think of any white people i would readily call a dyed in the wool friend. however, i'm sure i know some white people i can't easily think of.

my friends are mostly black, asian and/or hispanic-- the latest of which being puerto rican/japanese. i thought that was an interesting combo.  

eta: ok. i'll never forgive myself for forgetting my most ginger darling. we get on so well and can talk about anything; i seriously looked him over.

I wonder what they have for Thanksgiving.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

How many of y'all have white friends?

That's what I would like to know.

With all the hating that people have toward White people in this forum ... how can you be upset because so few White people count you as 'friends'? Shocked

Don't forget 83% of the country is White and 13% is Black .. with a whole bunch of that 13% living in the hood or all Black neighborhoods ... but still you would expect that 83% to have a Black friend? Geesh there's not enought Black folks to go around Hee hee! They would have to double up on their Black friends.

It goes both ways.
Who the hell thank your post multiple times?!! We can always count on your for some foolery. And correction on it's no "hating" on white people. It's hating on these foolerific laws and antics that malign blacks and browns (and other coloreds) for the sake of uplifting them. White is always seen as right and the default. I know you have more sense than that. Blacks just want equality. We want to be able to have the same ability whites have of living their life without being judged for something some random other black person did. One neighbor robbed by a black, now all the blacks are no good thieves. Nevermind the countless crimes that are committed by other whites...They get out of pocket and out of line with those slick comments against us....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

funny yall should mention the affluent black neighborhoods because i've always found it curious that you never see white folk busing their kids to the high achieving schools in these areas whereas we always shipping our kids off to assimilate with their children in their schools. 

nor do you see them flocking to visit their so-called black affluent "friends' with lil timmy and becky in tow...Sleepy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:29pm
lol @ foolerific!

mzmee said something similarly funny the other day.  damn, i can't remember now... 

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Aug 09 2013 at 3:30pm
Serwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

I picked up an autobiography in B&N a few years ago about a white woman who was bussed to a black high school in Richmond, VA along with several other white kids. The book was annoying and I can't remember the name, but it was sort of interesting when she wasn't whining about "double consciousness" smh
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I wonder what they have for Thanksgiving.
lemme put it on the back burner and get back at ya.  
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 3:34pm
yep, yep. again, we are >>here<< TC. 

meanwhile black folks interactions with whites have become like a real life ongoing Dream Girls production; forcing our way into their world.

*sings* And I am telling you...you're gonna love meeeee!LOL

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic