BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3a/b/c curls on 4c hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lovebeautyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebeautyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 9:41pm

beautiful

Sponsored Links

Petiteagneau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiteagneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 3:33pm
While I understand where you are coming from, having 4b hair myself, it is extremely disappointing you are not accepting your hair for its natural state. That's a longer discussion however. The only thing I have found to loosen my texture has been the flat iron. I have tried the Brazilian keratin system, and while it made my hair easier to straighten eventually, my hair kept the same tight curl pattern and felt weaker and thin in two sections. The only loosening was toward my heat damaged crown and bangs, which only made styling difficult. Flat ironing my hair on 400-425 F and leaving my it for a week (no touchups) has loosened my curl all around but products do not soak in as before, it feels drier, and again styling is difficult.

before: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ta1iaAA-uLY/UsVWOrvIuSI/AAAAAAAAAIU/SNhLi2DqqKI/s1600/DSCN4345.JPG
after: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ijKPq_c_usE/UsTM-saea3I/AAAAAAAAAD0/iKu-QEV4A44/s1600/DSCN3925.JPG

I love the look of 3a-3c hair myself. It is beautiful. However, the media does not show 4b hair in positive lights. It will be easier to accept your 4b hair (for optimal health), just straighten it mechanically (flat iron, not relax) and use flexi rods or some other means to make ringlets you desire. Wet twist outs with a lot of condition can also achieve what you're looking for. Otherwise good luck girl!

I discuss my difficulties accepting my hair here if your interested: http://goddesshair.blogspot.com/2013/06/when-scab-hair-is-your-real-texture.html
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:56am
So I've been on this finger detangling journey for 6 months now and my curls / coils are poppin and nice. 4c hair has a curl pattern contrary to what we've all been told. Through finger detangling I've been able to cut down my styling time because I simply wear twist outs when my hair is down. When I wash my hair I detangle which is time consuming at first but gets easier and fast as your curls clump and define. Then I put my hair in 12-16 twist then I wash, condish, dc if need be, and place all my products in my hair after with the twist still in. This insures that my hair stays detangled. Then I let it dry and when I take the twist down my curls /coils are stretched and basically styled. They now look like this...

Check out the video of what they looked like the first time I detangled. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_le2B3IUX1o - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_le2B3IUX1o

I'll share the video of my most resent twist out once I edit it a little later.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:20pm
Look into an AROSCI treatment; it can be moderately expensive ($150 a treatment every 4 months since it wears off after a while and only available at salons) but it creates large, butter-soft and bouncy 3C curls, while maintaining hair's strength. The application process is similar to a BKT (using a flatiron to seal in the treatment, then washing out the treatment). I'm on my second treatment and my hair is reacting very well to it.

P.S. The curls remain after water exposure, the curls are formed during my weekly cowashes (my hair is flatironed most weeks).

Edited by juicifruit89 - Jan 04 2014 at 4:22pm
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 8:12pm
Wouldn't a texturizer create that look?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12