Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 32yr old Welfare recipient scoffs at honest work
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

32yr old Welfare recipient scoffs at honest work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:09pm
I agree completely with Midna, I feel like this was fake..although people with this mentality exist.

There seem to be many more ppl who truly need the help and wish they had more
Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:10pm
The hierarchy of I am a U.S. citizen so I should get stuff free gov't benefits vs an illegal.   Even though I do not work or contribute to the system.

Yes, there are people who abuse the system and she is over of them that has no intention of ever not allowing the gov't to take care of her. Unfortunately there are many who have her mindset.

I do thii do agree with her that sometimes welfare traps you. When you are trying tho get ahead they pull your assistance leaving though having to return just to make it.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:10pm
Having worked in radio....I must say that doesnt sound like a legit call. Just a call staged to ruffle feathers. That said I do believe that this country rewards bad behavior more so than not when it comes to assistance. Its easy to become comfortable  living on assistance if you know no different.  There are soo many people working the system... but the face shown of those who abuse the system will always be blk.

Im all for making the system work for you til you can stand on your own... but i hate lazy.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:13pm
now that I have watched the vid....I see what she is saying and I have heard other folks on welfare say it.  she could be a plant but she's speaking truth.

I couldn't do that for the simple fact that I want more for myself.  that's what keeps me going...what keeps me from giving up and becoming "Lucy".
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:16pm
Lucy is yt trailer trash and being poor and having her handout is all she know, I feel sorry for her, cause when them kids grow up and the welfare stops her and jethro are gonna be some plasma selling elderly's....
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

The hierarchy of I am a U.S. citizen so I should get stuff free gov't benefits vs an illegal.   Even though I do not work or contribute to the system.

Yes, there are people who abuse the system and she is over of them that has no intention of ever not allowing the gov't to take care of her. Unfortunately there are many who have her mindset.

I do thii do agree with her that sometimes welfare traps you. When you are trying tho get ahead they pull your assistance leaving though having to return just to make it.

Haven't there been articles about this?  I could have sworn one was posted here.    my mother said when she tried to get off and tried to get a job... they cut her so bad it didn't make sense.   She was living poorer.  She had to play the system to get off.  What she did exactly I don't know.  I do know that she had alot of help from folks at her job and school in regards to paperwork and reported hours working.

Edited by newdiva1 - Nov 20 2013 at 11:18pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I agree completely with Midna, I feel like this was fake..although people with this mentality exist.

IA w/everything.

It grinds my gears when people focus on the minority that abuse the system in order to paint all recipients as lazy & undeserving.Thumbs Down

Ot: My racist arse classmate would climax listening to this video lol
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

IA w/everything.

It grinds my gears when people focus on the minority that abuse the system in order to paint all recipients as lazy & undeserving.Thumbs Down

Ot: My racist arse classmate would climax listening to this video lol

Yeah its something that Fox News would have a field day with because its speaks to an ideal that they already hold as truth. A bunch of freeloading blacks and illegal immigrants sitting at home all day collecting money and smoking pot while hardworking americans (whites) pay for it.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:36pm
I was just reading an article about how if we gave every adult an automatic $22k a year we would save billions of dollars in welfare (food stamps, cash assistance, disability, etc etc). I would be all for that. Especially if basic housing and healthcare were available for those who decided they still don't want to work.

Anyway, I didn't watch but I know from experience that the programs are not set up for success. The reason I won't apply for SSD is because I'd be forced to live way under the poverty line and not be able to work or go to school. I'd rather hustle and be sick and have a halfway decent life than to be stuck for the rest of it.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 11:40pm
So Lucy is a person of colour then? or are we assuming?  I thought Lucy was white trash.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>