Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

300 too much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
mizzmerle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzmerle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 300 too much?
    Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:12am
so I recently contacted Tokyostylez hairdresser to the celebs and he charges 300 for the install is this too much
Sponsored Links

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:27am
Is the hair included? 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:44am
Is that the light skin guy on instagram?  His work looks nice, but no.  I cant see forking over $300.00 for an install..
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:57am
In my opinion yes but if you are willing to pay that much, please use good virgin hair.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:53pm
If dude is doing excellent quality work, I say go for it
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:18pm
i just looked at his work.. i wouldnt pay that much.. id look around a lil more.. $300 + what you have to pay for hair will probably run you >$500.00...good luck on the hunt
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:28pm
If his base was solid and lasted 8-12 weeks without a net, YES, I would.  His closure work is impeccable (from what I can tell).  I would need to see his work in person.
DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkestBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:23am
I just started following him on IG as well that is a bit expensive and yes you would need to use the best of th best hair in order to get the best for your buck. $300 isn' that bad when you think about these average chicks charging 150 to 200 for a sew-in. If you have money saved and this wont hurt you financially I say go for it but you need to see someone's hair in person and beg them to see their braiding patterns and to look at the track at see how secure it is. You probably wouldnt know exactly what to look for but you would need to experience it for yourself. I know how to sew in so I know what I would be looking for. Ask him can you see him do an install because you want to make sure it is the way you want your hair sowed. You need to find someone that went to him before and how their installed held up was the net too tight?, did the net cause hairline breakage?, did the track slip?, how long did it take for the hair to move out of place?, did it move out place how much hair from the braids creep out from underneath? after how long did it take for this to happen? how big or small were the braids? roughly how many braids? what type of braid pattern? did he double knot the thread at the end of sewing, did he sew under or over, or did he start over then went back under the tracks or opposite. Did he cut the tracks? How many times? Does he double the tracks? Does he double the thread? How accurate was his cutting the track(if you cut bad then the hair can shed even more). Did he split the track(who knows why) but some people might have elaborate techniques to achieve these amazing looks. The only reason he might split a track is to give the top a more natural look if you are not using closure to prevent bulginess I guess. Anyways you can find someone by stalking his instagram or you can just ask him all these questions but I doubt he'll answer all them LOL
I been sewing hair since I was 14 so I know a lil something and will share with a newbie like myself and I'm at work passing time if y'all wonder damn she wrote a lot. This should be an investment all the things I mentioned will play a major key with the up keep of your hair style and your hair is the one of the biggest concerns as well what hair do you plan on using btw.
DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkestBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:25am
And if he does use a net is a big question also? Net last longer but can be dificult to remove if worn for a lon period of time especially if you have lots of new growth over time. And what kind of tread does he use too?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:28am
All very good points^
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair