Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
2bBsL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 30 mins and STILL underprocessed
    Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 2:39pm
 I  know alot of us do this, we want our hair to be "bone straight" so well leave the relaxer in a bit longer, maybe well smooth maybe we dont but after those 18 minutes pass up that relaxer is still on our scalps. 30 minutes (or more) later we rinse, neutralize and guess what...STILL curly frizzy hair.

Didnt i just use SUPER for 30 minutes?!Angry  or maybe your hair doesnt "revert" until the next wash...all that and your hair is still "underprocessed" but lets see why.

to get the hair straight a relaxer BREAKS down the bonds of our hair, making hair limp, lifeless and damaged Cry(yes, no matter what relaxer you use its damaging your hair to a certain extent)

And hair or the relaxer doesnt know the difference between 18 mintues or 40 so that relaxer keeps processing and hair keeps breaking down.

At some point itll completely fall out, but for the most of us itll look like we never relaxed.

The reason why is because the hair is OVERprocessedDead, it comes out looking frizzy and messy because we thought those extra 5, 10, or 15 minutes would help get our hair straighter.

The fact of the matter is, is relaxers are a dangerous chemical and cannot be treated like conditioner, they are the polar opposite and this could be why your hair is frizzy and dry, the truth is your hair is damaged and fried!

Sponsored Links

mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 3:35pm
Well I don't know what type of hair I have because I used to leave my relaxers on for 45 mins to an hour and my hair would be bone straight....It never curled until I BC'd....I had to use Super or it would look like I never did anything to it.  My childhood hairdresser started this leave it on until it burns thing, but I'm so glad those days are over!
carebear24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 5:12pm
What is overlapping
mzwhitney06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 10:08pm
Well I was natural and I got a perm a month ago. I left it on for 20 minutes and my hair came out with a lil curl. I air dried it and it kinky. I blow dried it straight but it was not bone straight like my old relaxers used to do before i went natural.
2bBsL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 1:54am
i think you arent using the right strength of relaxer. but one girl left a SUPER on her hair for 2 hours. If its worth the risks to you then go for it.
cecilie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 3:25am
In the past my hair use to be underprocessed , now I put lot of relaxer I buy two relaxers and use one and half only for newgrowth I saturated the newgrowth after 15 minutes and the hair are not under processed .
You can try it .
Heavenseventeen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2008 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by mstoya25 mstoya25 wrote:

Well I don't know what type of hair I have because I used to leave my relaxers on for 45 mins to an hour and my hair would be bone straight....It never curled until I BC'd....I had to use Super or it would look like I never did anything to it.  My childhood hairdresser started this leave it on until it burns thing, but I'm so glad those days are over!

Used to do the same. 30mins was never enough.
2bBsL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2008 at 1:28am
u guys got guts cuz i could/would NEVER leave it in that long, i just know i would have all my hair going down the drain
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic