Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3 sisters battle cancer - mother also has cancer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

3 sisters battle cancer - mother also has cancer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 sisters battle cancer - mother also has cancer
    Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 6:40pm

Mother, 3 daughters, all fight cancer at the same time

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 11:30 AM EST Updated: Apr 16, 2014 5:35 PM EST
By Andrew Douglas - bio | email

Felicia and Jayla are known throughout St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital for their laughter, energy, and enthusiastic hugs. Both were diagnosed with optic nerve glioma at 3 and 4 years old. The oldest, Jayla, is now 10.
Felicia and Jayla are known throughout St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for their laughter, energy, and enthusiastic hugs. Both were diagnosed with optic nerve glioma at 3 and 4 years old. The oldest, Jayla, is now 10.

Her youngest daughter is now being treated for the same condition as her older sisters. And if that were not enough, Elnora was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.
Her youngest daughter is now being treated for the same condition as her older sisters. And if that were not enough, Elnora was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - Imagine the devastation of finding out that your child has been diagnosed with cancer. Now, imagine what it would be like to have three children diagnosed with cancer. And that's not even all.

Felicia and Jayla are known throughout St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for their laughter, energy, and enthusiastic hugs. Both were diagnosed with optic nerve glioma at 3 and 4 years old. The oldest, Jayla, is now 10.

"Very unexpected. no warning signs anything like that," said the girls' mother, Elnora.

Both girls went in for eye checkups. When doctors saw the tumors, they ended up at St Jude.

"We do scans every three to six months," added Elnora. "They're on medication every morning. Blood work throughout the month. At St. Jude four out of five days a week."

Elnora and her husband, Frederick, were astounded when they learned that they would not have any out-of-pocket expenses for treatment at St. Jude.

"I was able to take care of my children, be there for them, walk with them, talk with them, be right by their side without having to worry about how am I going to pay for something," said Elnora.

But Elnora's worries are far from over.

Her youngest daughter is now being treated for the same condition as her older sisters. And if that were not enough, Elnora was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She had to battle her own cancer while her three girls were being treated for theirs.

"I had it in three spots in my neck, my chest area, and a spot on my back. Between stages two and three," she explained.

Thankfully, Elnora is doing better and keeping a positive attitude while focusing on her three children as they receive treatment at St. Jude.

"I hope and pray that you get to do this, you know, milestones you take for granted. Sixteenth birthday, sweet 16, or turning into a teenager, those things you pray for. But I am very optimistic. They're my inspiration," said Elnora.

3 sisters battle cancer help
$1,200 of $2,500
Raised by 23 people in 4 months
Donate Now Share on Facebook
TOTAL
SHARES
Created April 25, 2014
Elnora Blackledge-Lee
UPDATE #6
6 DAYS AGO
please help! unfortunately st jude has run out of options we are going to Boston to see what can be done
Jayla is going to Boston to see if they can help, st. Jude has run out options need help with expenses

1295066_1398483320.1911.jpg

1295066_1398483359.6477.jpg

http://www.gofundme.com/8ni4ug

Edited by JamCaygirl - Sep 03 2014 at 10:08pm
Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:10pm
Donate.

If folks can donate to the white gay guy (he near 100k), I hope folks will donate to these young ladies.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:42pm
Poor girls. 
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 9:08pm
I hate it when babies are sick like this.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 9:09pm
3 girls. wow i cannot even began to imagine.. but look at them tho.. going through all of that and theyre still smiling. just beautiful..
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 3:28am
Only 4 replies tho. Side eyeing this entire forum. Smh.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 11:20am
At least they are at one of the, if not THE top cancer treatment center in the US. 
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 11:40am
Get well soonCry
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 11:41am

Shocked....whoa

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

Only 4 replies tho. Side eyeing this entire forum. Smh.

I'm not going to lie my first thought was Mom needs to not have anymore babies. So I kept my comment to myself. 

yall can stone me now
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>