FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

3 Inches in 6 months Challenge?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

What if u already get 3 inches in 6 months ?

I'm tryna get 5 with in the next six months

that would be some verrry fast growth. i wish my hair grew that fast. LOL
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Well I changed my mind about the "blow-dry".
I am not going to use a blowdryer with combs just yet!
I kind of thought about it while I was conditioning my hair...
My kinky hair being caught at the end of the teeth and being plucked out..
Uh no.Geek

So now I am sitting underneath my blowdryer attachment waiting for my hair to dry.
I tried to band it a little bit to stretch it out.
Hopefully it works out well.
I did the same technique last night when I put in oils to prep overnight for the condition and rinse today. It definitely helped stretch my hair this morning, so I think it should do fine this time with the drying.

I did not DC overnight. I remembered I just did one not too long ago and my hair is balanced, so I don't want to overload. It takes so long to get back in balance again. 
:)
t

that's how you know we've all changed considerably because a year ago i wouldn't have given the plucking of my kinky ends much of a thought LOL
i remember looking at the breakage all over my counter and floor just last year this time and going "Hm..." and proceeding on with the blowdryer and flat iron like it was nothing. and it wasn't, to me, at the time. now? I think i'd die. Shoot, i be scrutinizing the one or two broken hairs i get now. 

ah, it's been so long since i last DCd. i now leave my condish in. i wonder if it's the same effect as DCing for others as it is for me? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 11:52pm
hey ladies, 

i washed my hair again today- cowashed with the remainder of my first bottle of V05 ever! 
discovered that i really love V05 and prefer it to Suave. it's so much silkier, almost akin to the results i get with mane n tail, except it's lighter in feel since MNT happens to contain protein. so it's my main condish of choice now. and i left in my aussie moist and twisted my hair into big twists, pinned up with hair pins. so in the morning i will proceed to undo them for a twistout that i hope will stay twistouty and not shrivel up like how my twistouts normally do. 
fingers crossed. i may post a pic of my twistout on my blog. 
oh, and i forgot to update by saying that i have a new blog. tangledtresses is no longer it, in part because i discovered that someone else already had a blog by that name on blogspot. *sideeye* but that's my fault for not doing my homework. 

so this blog i made SHO that no one else had, because it's long. as. HELL. lol 
it's at http://fromsltowlcomegrowwithme.blogspot.com/ this address, and i actually like the setup of this one better than the one for tangled tresses. i haven't updated my fotki lately but as of the first of october i'm going to get back on that. :)

i'll be posting pix directly to this site of my hair around that date too. i thought i'd already done so, but going back through the posts i realized i had not. and i didn't realize how many of your posts i'd missed. i apologize for that. and...i think that's it.

please visit my blog, because i frequently update it more so than on this site.

how are you ladies doing with your journey, by the way? a few of you have been keeping us abreast, which is great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 5:23pm
So yesterday while detangling, i encountered two knots, one lesser, one a little bigger, which resulted in me having to chop 6 inches out of that section. if i had to guess how many hairs were implicated, i'd say about 40 or so, clustered. Cry

i  feel like i am ALWAYS having setbacks, which i will try to blog about today. my inspiration for blogging is darker than brown, because she is so transparent, and i LOVE that quality. i wanna be that way too so that eventually when i reach my hair goal, i'll be able to inspire others and say "Welll i had my share of pitfalls too!" by way of encouragement. 

i had worn my hair loose in a twistout afro for two days straight, and i think that's where my big knots came from. :(
i'm traumatized, but just wanted to let you guys know i'm still trucking...even if it seems like i will never get there. i've been more cognizant about my water intake for the past few days, and i'm popping one 1000 mcg biotin pill per day. :) and i utilized my chignon today, and i'm hoping i'll stay motivated to bun my hair more consistently, now that i know that Afros are just not for me. 

on the brighter side, i've decided to attempt S and D once per month, according to the lunar cycle. some people say it mysteriously results in better hair growth. i'm skeptical but i figure it's worth a shot. ha ha!
and i have very nonexistent split ends and my breakage has been so greatly reduced from what it used to be. my hair's the healthiest it's been since childhood, if not potentially healthier, even. So i feel like the health aspect is there- now i'm just trying to figure out what the right combination of appropriate styles is for me. my finger coils are tried and true, but i'll admit, i'm a change-it-up kinda person and can't stay in the same hair style for too long before i'm screaming for change. sooo....therein lies the delimma. what options of styling do i have that won't result in lost hair over the long haul? bunning works...butterfly clips (if i can fit my thick hair into them, anyway. le sigh!), french braiding (hair's too thick though without straining it....hm.) 
oh well. i'll discover it, and when i do, i'll report back here! 
ladies, where yall at? Stern Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 5:18pm

length check from sep. 9th. 

today 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 5:22pm
hasn't grown too much between sept. 9th and today but i can tell it's made a lil bit of progress. I'll post my final LC Dec. 31st. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 6:01pm
hi everyone. i'm closing this challenge early, as of november first. if any of you would like to still post your results, if you're still doing the challenge, then you're certainly welcome, but i myself am no longer participating. thanks for joining, and good luck
bretagnesade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretagnesade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:15pm
Well, if anyone is still measuring results, I'd love to hear how everyone is doing. I ran this challenge consistently with a conditioning challenge and it seemed to really help. I haven't used WGO since my last relaxer and I conditioned at least once a week and I do have to say, my hair grew at least 3 inches. I am leaving the state in December and will relax my hair so I will post pictures in a few weeks. Is anyone else happy with their results?
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 3:37pm
Aww man. I was looking for a challenge to join and this would've been perfect. I'm about to get a touch up and I am DETERMINED to maximize my length retention for the next 6 months. Is this challenge already over?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic