Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closed3 Inches in 6 months Challenge?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 4:16pm
Your hair looks great Baha_locks!

Update: I'm trying to keep my hair in cornrows for about 8-10 weeks. I've noticed my hair thrives most when it's left alone for 2-3 month intervals.

Nightly, I've been moisturizing, sealing, and baggying. I've been moisturizing/sealing using the LOC (liquid, oil, cream) method. I've been using a rosemary tea spritz as my liquid, WGO as my oil, and my homemade beeswax pomade as the cream. My hairline is fuller, my hair is nicely moisturized. Overall I'm very pleased.

I used the last of my beeswax cream yesterday, so I made more. This time I made it with Beeswax, EVOO, Castor oil, Sulfur, and Cayenne Pepper. It's soooo creamy, I love it! I've applied some today and my scalp is tingling already Big smile

Sponsored Links

Baha_locks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 5:59pm
@goodgirl, Y am I just seeing this? anyway. Yes I am taking garlic supplements 3mg pills once a day. However, I dont know how much I should be taking..
The garlic treatment did work, but that smell, maybe I used too much garlic. I cuddnt get the smell out.

Edited by Baha_locks - Aug 21 2012 at 6:01pm
Baha_locks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 6:02pm
@goodgirl, thanks. That mixture looks nice
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 12:46am
Thanks Baha!

Update: There was A LOT of build-up on my scalp and hair from the beeswax, so I washed. I'll have to limit my beeswax application to once a week instead of daily.

A recap of my washing process:
- Washed w/Black Soap
- Conditioned w/V05 MM
- Steamed w/Hooded Dryer, turbans, plastic caps, etc.
- Detangled w/Seamless shower comb
- Rinsed with cool water and rosemary tea

After washing, I dried my hair with a cotton tee for about 20 mins. Since my hair was still damp, I blow-dried it, alternating between the cool and warm heat settings. Then I oiled my scalp with WGO and cornrowed. Since my hair is almost always in cornrows under my wig, I decided to switch up the braiding pattern to prevent permanent parts...

assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 10:34am
I couldve sworn I joined this challenge. I'm joining now lol. I'm talking Biotin so I'm going to aim for 3 inches from now until the end of the year (4months). I just cut off about 1.5inches of hair this weekend so now I'm grazing BSL instead of MBL. 

I'm going to be taking my vitamins, cutting out all heat,  and protecting style until the end of the year.

Edited by assiyrabomb - Aug 26 2012 at 7:00pm
gorgeous92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 5:28pm
@goodgirl your hair is looking great and thanks for sharing your process :)
for the winter i wanted to do the same type of thing except using clip ins. i havent worn any type of weave since high school when i used to glue tracks in Dead and i swore i'd never wear it again, but the more i think about the benefits, the more i wanna do it. anway to cut to the chase i was wondering how you maintain your cornrows keeping them moisturized on a daily basis (using a spritz, oil?) nd how long you keep them in for. also how you keep your ends staying put or if they just stay braided (being relaxed i know my ends would come undone). i know i could use those small elastics but thats just asking for breakage! also is there anything special you do to maintain your cornrows? any extra tips would be greatly appreciated Smile

sry if youve already addressed any of these questions, im just too lazy to go creep and find out lol

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 5:29pm
@goodgirl nvm just read your post before this haha 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by gorgeous92 gorgeous92 wrote:

@goodgirl your hair is looking great and thanks for sharing your process :)
for the winter i wanted to do the same type of thing except using clip ins. i havent worn any type of weave since high school when i used to glue tracks in Dead and i swore i'd never wear it again, but the more i think about the benefits, the more i wanna do it. anway to cut to the chase i was wondering how you maintain your cornrows keeping them moisturized on a daily basis (using a spritz, oil?) nd how long you keep them in for. also how you keep your ends staying put or if they just stay braided (being relaxed i know my ends would come undone). i know i could use those small elastics but thats just asking for breakage! also is there anything special you do to maintain your cornrows? any extra tips would be greatly appreciated Smile

sry if youve already addressed any of these questions, im just too lazy to go creep and find out lol

My cornrows are worn under my wig, I typically keep them in for 2-3 weeks at a time. I'm not too pressed about maintaining their appearance because they're not seen. I wear a plastic cap under my wig, so that helps keep my ends from unraveling...I'm not too fond of using elastics either Thumbs Down

I keep my cornrows moisturized by baggying 75% of the time...LOL. I baggy during the day underneath my wig. When I get home in the afternoon, I take my wig and plastic cap off to let my hair breathe. Before bed, I moisturize using the LOC (liquid, oil, cream) method. I use rosemary tea spritz as the liquid, Wild Growth Oil as the oil, and the beeswax cream* as the cream. Then I baggy again overnight--I apply my plastic cap and bonnet and sleep.

*I will no longer use the beeswax cream daily because it causes entirely too much build-up on my scalp. I'll probably use something like shea butter instead.
Shea butter moisturizes nicely without the icky buildup.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 6:50pm
thanks goodgirl! 
Queensheba View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2012 at 5:28pm
UPDATE

june

august

Edited by Queensheba - Sep 01 2012 at 5:29pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair