BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 Inches in 6 months Challenge?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:07am
Hi Ladies! I've been gone for a bit from the hair world but i'm back in action now! Thumbs Up
I have not yet read through all the pages on this posting but i want to thank you all so much for continuing on with the challenge. I'm still in it, though i've had to modify my own personal length goals. However, i've got my blog up and going and i invite you all there to see comparison pictures as i get them in, as i'm gonna be photographing on a monthly basis just for motivation's and record's sake. More so just to get in the habit- because i know that if i wait several months i'm just going to totally forget LOL might as well be consistent, right? 

anyway, Since i deleted my last blog (long story, kind of. erm.) i can't remember exactly what the challenges i'd detailed out were. If anyone knows, please let me know! I know it wasn't like the challenges were anything too complicated, and odds are, most of you probably already do the things in the challenges anyway. But i just wanted to check in and let you guys know that we're all still going full speed ahead to December with the challenge! Only 4 months left! Stay strong. 

Here's a pic of my current length: 

Idk if you guys can tell, but i have a tattoo on my neck that extends just an inch past my neckline. it was just under neath that tatt where i cut my hair to....which means that by the looks of it...in the past two months my hair either grew really fast... as in, 2 inches (tho i find that hard to believe Ermm)
or more likely, i measured a little wrong at my last length check in July. LOL
whichever way, it's noticeably longer now, and i'm happy! 

So, how are you ladies doing? Keep us posted! 

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:11am
Originally posted by gorgeous92 gorgeous92 wrote:

@baha thanks! i hope so too :) nothing would feel sweeter than surpassing my goal!
i think you'll definitely reach bsl before the year is over!
@babybug LOL i feel like im full bsl, and just grazing mbl? or maybe thats just the 
hairexia talking LOL

possibly. i'm prone myself lol but do web-slap me if i reach WL and still succomb to the throes of hairexia!LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:14am
Originally posted by logan logan wrote:

right after a trim in dominican republic...my first dominican blow, i was so happy hihi!!

right after the trim before starting the chalenge

roller set at the very end of the day

nice rollerset! I'm thinking about trying one. I saw a thread on this site earlier with detailed instructions to rollersetting. it's got me thinking. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:15am
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

I am going to wash my hair today or tomorrow because something came up and I have to style my hair "out".
So I will be trimming my ends after I condition--I think I might just wash&condition it (unsure right now).
I have to check when the last time I washed it as I have been kind of keeping dates in my journal.
Then I am going to blow-dry my hair and style from.
Hope it goes well.Smile
Rewind, might be better to blowdry→trim

i totally tried to keep a hair journal and FAILED. miserably. how do you do it? er, do you still keep one? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:17am
Originally posted by PrettyKelz PrettyKelz wrote:

Just came out of my protective style of Senegalese twists a few days ago. This was my first time and it was left in about 3 months. I experienced A LOT of shedding and also had matting in many areas. Luckily after DAY 2 of detangling i thought to buy some mane and tail detangler to help which really helped. My shedding and breakage as slowed down a lot as well. I'm transitioning( a little over 6 months in) so i'm really trying to baby the line of demarcation. Do you ladies have any suggestions of easy ways to protect myself from excess shedding and breakage in the future while i'm not in twists.? I'll try and post pics after my take down soon. Smile TIA

...hm. I'm not really sure. it's been a long time since i had to transition out of a perm, and when i did so i religiously wore my hair in Embarrassed childish looking plaits and twists, since i was in middle school lol Lemme ask, tho, how long do you plan to transition for? I might be better able to advise that way, having a timeline. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:18am
Originally posted by gorgeous92 gorgeous92 wrote:

@GoodGirl your hair looks amazing! Clap

i second this. that's a flexi set? Pretty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

I am going to cowash my hair daily now and just bun...
The manipulation is getting to be too much (and it takes too long)!
Plus, I wanna do something else right now.Big smile

it's alright. i feel ya. i actually wash my hair every day, or sometimes every other day. i think it's helping my hair. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

On Monday, I made a castor oil "cream" to avoid the usual messy, oily castor oil application. However, there was a lot of build-up on my scalp and hair from the beeswax used in the recipe...so, I decided to wash. I washed with black soap and conditioned with V05.

My hair is sooooo soft and my NG is soooooo manaegable. Not sure if it's from the castor oil cream or the black soap, but I'm pleasantly surprised and absolutely loving it.

Going forward, I will probably add more oil to the cream to dilute the beeswax.

I'm 14.5 weeks postlax...I took these pics after washing and airdrying for 20 mins:

Air dried in the front, blowndry in the back:

wow, keep up the good work. 14 weeks is remarkable! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Shondadini Shondadini wrote:

So I'm reading through this post and I just realized that I didn't post my starting pic :( so here it is. This is from my length check and flat iron on June 30th
http://public.fotki.com/shondadini/hair-pix/photo-7.html
http://public.fotki.com/shondadini/hair-pix/photo-8.html#media

I just made it to APL my hope is to get to bsl by the end on the year. I'm currently in a ps jumbo box braids they've been in about a month and I plan to keep them til the end of August.

http://public.fotki.com/shondadini/hair-pix/39-287132032.html#media

They are super long like hip lenght

yeah, i can't see them, shondadini. :( 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Baha_locks Baha_locks wrote:

I'm currently doing a garlic treatment in my hair. Mixed in some powder with my normal treatment.
This is stanking! wowie. Hopefully it will stop my shedding issue i am dealing with.

do you have an inordinate amount of shedding, or is it breakage? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>