BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3/4 wig without comb

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lexalexi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexalexi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3/4 wig without comb
    Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 10:21am
Hi All!

I have searched this forum meticulously, and have not found the answer that I'm looking for so please forgive me if this is obvious, but.....

I am about to make a 3/4 wig, but I want to be able to take it off nightly to moisturize and seal my hair, and sleep without it. 

My question is what options do I have to do this with,  besides using the combs? 

TIA for answers. Smile

Sponsored Links

glamrock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 1:11pm
Clips.
lexalexi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexalexi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 1:20pm
Thank you for that! ok, so the reason I don't want to use the combs is because I've seen/read so many people having hair loss from them. So, are the clips safer than the combs? And secure? Are they my ONLY other option?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by lexalexi lexalexi wrote:

Thank you for that! ok, so the reason I don't want to use the combs is because I've seen/read so many people having hair loss from them. So, are the clips safer than the combs? And secure? Are they my ONLY other option?

If you decide on the clips, I would use as many as possible so that there isn't alot of tension on one particular area.  I don't think they are safer, as both options do pull on the root of your hair. 
glamrock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 5:23pm
Clips pull out strands of my hair. The times that I wore clips in the past, I sometimes would feel a random strand pulling and I would have to stop what I was doing and go somewhere private to open the clip, free the hair strands, then put the clip back into place.

With combs, I have never has problem at all. I think that the only way a person would have a problem with a comb is if the cornrow that they use to anchor the comb is too tight & small. I use big plaits or a big cornrow to anchor my wig combs.
glamrock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 5:28pm
not trying to be funny but one time, i sewed little rectangular velcro patches onto a lot of wig caps and a piece of velcro onto the inside of a half wig. That way I didnt have to have any comb, clip or anything and my real hair wasnt under any risk for damage. I did this many years ago, probably over 10 yars ago so at this point, i dont remember and bad issues and think it worked out well.
shamieya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamieya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 8:50pm
Outside of combs, straps, rubber (like the kind they use on strapless bras to stop movement), and velcro Wink I can't think of what else you could use besides good old-fashioned bobby pins. You might try different size combs before you give up on the combs; maybe try a few small combs strategically placed.
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 5:11pm
You can use bobby pins to attach it. 
Hopealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 12:19am
Yes, i also think the combs are the best way if you want to take it off when you slept.  you also can choose the clips and add an adjustable belts on the back. It will be more strong.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic