Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

3/4 wig to protect hair, mesh vs. lycra cap

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
bizchick86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3/4 wig to protect hair, mesh vs. lycra cap
    Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 2:05pm
Hey ladies, 

I asked about this in the weave section but couldn't start a topic about it, so it may not get answered. 

I will start making 3/4 wigs instead of weaving to take better care of my hair. If any of you make 3/4 wigs, what type of cap do you prefer? I want the stretchiness of the lycra, but the mesh will let me get to my scalp and condition my braids since I'll be sewing the wig on.

What do you prefer and why?
Sponsored Links

ShawnniePoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShawnniePoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 2:34pm
i have tried both. i like them both. the mesh one gives you room in case your head is a little bigger than your foam head and it also allows your scalp to breathe so u will be able to get to your scalp to moisturize. only issue is after a while the mesh tears and rips it gets stretched out after awhile so yo track might sag. the dome cap (lycra) is has a tighter snug fit that gives me the extra security, it last longer wash after wash tracks stay where you sew them only issue is that if your pretty active like me yo scalp will get a little hot and sweaty under it.
jch082892 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jch082892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 8:38am
Which cap is better for people with big heads? I have tried the cap with adjustable straps for my 3/4 wig but they're a little too small for my head.
ShawnniePoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnniePoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:37am
a big head should try the mesh cap, it gives more stretch room. lol
nikky009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikky009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 10:39pm
will a spandex cap still fit a medium to large head .. with a 3/4wig with a closure installed
JillyBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:51pm
I like the idea of the 3/4 wig better since you will be able to get to your scalp and keep your braid moisturized.
StormBorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormBorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by ShawnniePoo ShawnniePoo wrote:

i have tried both. i like them both. the mesh one gives you room in case your head is a little bigger than your foam head and it also allows your scalp to breathe so u will be able to get to your scalp to moisturize. only issue is after a while the mesh tears and rips it gets stretched out after awhile so yo track might sag. the dome cap (lycra) is has a tighter snug fit that gives me the extra security, it last longer wash after wash tracks stay where you sew them only issue is that if your pretty active like me yo scalp will get a little hot and sweaty under it.

Thanks for this! For someone like me that needs their scalp to breathe, it sounds like the mesh one would be a better fit.
misslexy22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslexy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:25pm
I think this is a great way to begin growing your hair out. I have been wearing u-part wigs for the past two years and I am very happy with my hair growth. I have used the regular dome caps which work well but during the summer the wigs makes my head too hot. So I also like to use the one with the adjustable straps at the back it more light weight .
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic