Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Twists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2-strand twists on own hair and growth

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2-strand twists on own hair and growth
    Posted: Jun 30 2010 at 2:59pm
Who has gotten a lot of growth with just two-strand twisting their own hair? I'm about to start doing this and keep the twists in for 2-3 weeks at a time, then retwist. Do you guys twist all the way to the ends? I don't want to twist all the way to the ends cus i don't want to manipulate my ends as dat may lead to split ends, so i'm thinking to stop twisting just before i get to the ends and then seal with oil. I just bought JBCO and i heard that's good for twists so i'm eager to start using it
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2010 at 2:16pm
I hope it will add some growth. I will be doing the same thing.
soarlikecruz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soarlikecruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2010 at 11:33am
I was watching tutorials on how to do these last night, hopefully it will help with growth
Im_A_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_A_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 4:00pm
I have been on the twisting regimen for a few months now and I have noticed growth.

I twist my hair every 2-3 weeks.
Wash my hair when I feel build up.
Co-wash when I feel the need for moisture.

Everyday I:
Spray my twists with water/glycerin mix
Oil the ends and scalp with EVOO/Castor Oil/Almond Oil
Seal with a heavy cream like mango butter (or shea butter).
Brown$kin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brown$kin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 4:29am
I have twists with my own hair and have got noticible growth two, wish I started earlier! i always twist to the end and spray daily, sometimes i just use some evoo and put a plastic cap on for a few hours for a good treatment.
Krystle~Hime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystle~Hime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 5:42am
bump
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:37am
If you can leave them in for 2-3 weeks at a time..yes..but if you are re-twisting more often then no...because it is manipulating it too much. I have eczema in my scalp so I was not able to leave them in for 2-3 weeks..except if I washed while they were still in...but then when I wanted to re-twist them it was a mess getting them out. So if you don't have scalp issues, then you are good to go.
howlongcanigrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howlongcanigrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 9:53am
When I first started my hhj I was wear my own hair in twists. I can only leave mine in for about a week at a time due to my hair getting super frizzy very quick. I wish I could figure out how to leave them in longer. I feel like having to retwist is too much manipulation for my ends. I will say I did notice growth which is the reason I'm going to be twisting more ofter. I twist all the way to the ends. I stray my hair in the mornings and seal with my shea butter mixture. I try and baggy every other night (that might be the reason I get frizzy so quick, IDK). Depending on how I feel I might co-wash once or twice during the week. And I wear them up off my shoulders.

For those of you that keep them in for 2 weeks or more, how do you keep them looking fresh?

Tiff D.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 12:27am
i twist on my own hair since being natural and i think that i have retained a lot of growth this way. i keep the twists in for about 3-4 weeks at a time. i wash them weekly or about every 10 days.  my hair doesn't get frizzy after a wash b/c i focus only on my scalp when i shampoo (try not to get the poo on the hair at all except for the rinse out)and then i condition from the middle to ends of the twists only.  i tend to redo the perimeter of my twists after a wash to keep them looking fresh.  i moisturize daily about 2 days or so after a wash.

i used to keep them in for only a week, but once i started doing my twists much smaller (mini twists), it made more sense to keep them in longer because it takes so long to put them in.

for all those interested, i just started a twist challenge that ends at the end of next month.  hope you can join! :-)
PecanTan0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PecanTan0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 9:39pm
My hair grows when I have kinky twist or two strand twist in my hair. I oil my scalp three to two days a week.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Nor-ahs Unique Blends
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic