Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2k12 TWA CHALLENGEEE !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Twisted_Angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2012 at 8:21pm
Hehe jus when yall thought I was gone

So I did it yall

1) Will post a pic soon I cut it myself and I'm not proffessional like yall, I'm embarrassed abou the pic but I'm going to take it. I don't know how to cutt my hair at all I was going to go to the salon, but when I took my braids out and saw how damaged my hair was I couldn't take it!!Angry

2) Today Big smile 10/12/12
     Last perm 7/5/12

3) state why you wanted to go natural (you aint nosey)
Well I love wearing braids I think because I wear them so much I don't get that many perms.. maybe like 3-4 out the whole year.. anyways I love how much my hair grows but when I take it out and perm it so much of my hair falls out!

Right before I got braids I had a glue inOuch when I took it out I had a big bald patch in the front of my hairShocked I was soo Angry but my mom told me to put vaseline on it and it would grow and thank GOD!! Its growing back.

So thats when I was like thats IT no more perms. Also my daughters hair is curly and my mom said my hair use to be that way but I'm thinking my daughter got her hair from her dad cuz his hair curly. I know my brothers hair is 4c and its all about genetics when it comes to hair but we will see. I love twistouts but I might not be able to rock them, thinkin about dreads since I went to the LOC forum and found out you can take out your dreads without cuttin them.Clap

4) Regimen

co-washing daily with V05 tea therapy. Moisturize with cantu leave in conditoner. Also using Africas Bes carrot and tea tree oil + Water in a spritz when needed. Baggy at night. DC (Deep conditioning) once a week with ORS. Applying MN to my scalp 3x a week dunno how long thats gonna last its expensive. And Taking vitamins

5) To be honest I just want thick healthy hair. I've never seen my hair past my ear when relaxed.. I don't even know if it can grow longConfused 

6) SL.. if possible

7) will post pics when I get the guts lol

btw I live in a hot climate, so I need to stay on top with moisture decided to cowash everyday thats probably gonna change once my hair starts growing lol. Rockin wigs for now and gettin a doll to practice my braidin skills it sucks lol.
Sponsored Links

305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 11:43pm
Post the pic and Congrats on your BC!!!!
JerryBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 7:23am
Hello Everyone, this is my first post!Smile I would like to join this challange to encourage and be encouraged by you other ladies transitioning. Il be posting pics later of my current length.  
I did my chop August 8th. Currently I have in a sew in. Il be taking pictures when I uninstall next month. I relaxed my edges this month which is thinning by the day. My plan is to not be tempted to put any relaxer in my hair ever again! (well, no time soon lol)
3) I want to go natural to get healthy hair. Relaxer and lack of knowledge has damaged my hair since I can remember. I have never been able to retain length past ear length since I was a child. I would like to gain more knowledge as I continue on this journey. 
4) My regime is to:
 shampoo and Hot oil treatment and deep condition every WEDNESDAY.
 cowash every SATURDAY
 spray with water/oliver oil mist daily
 Baby my edges with shea butter leave in conditioner daily and seal with oil
 Protein treatment monthly
 I also plan to exercise 5 days a week which is important and consume a healthier diet of more fruits and vegetable, salmon, nuts and all that good stuff..
 Last but not least I plan to install do installs monthly alternating between sew in and  upart wig
5) By the end of the year i plan to be chin length
6) My long term goal is to be shoulder length
7) Il update with pictures monthly. I look forward  to this challange!

Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 7:25am
oh and I will be updating with names of products later tonight. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 7:27am
Good luck! im starting this challange today also. Dont be embarrased. Trust me your pic cant be any worst thn mine lol. I look forward to this journey together. Keep us posted!
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 4:42pm
Is it too late to participate in this challenge? I BC'd on 12/27/2011, and I'm just 7 days from my 10 month anniversary.

Is it cool to post pics?

Edited by shantel75 - Oct 20 2012 at 4:43pm
hairlover7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairlover7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 2:48pm
A friend of mine uses a scalp oil called Fast Grow on her thinning edges. It was a little over a month, maybe closer to two, of daily applications, before results were seen but they are coming back in!
Here it is if you would like to try it: http://www.exoticallure.com/hair-growth-oil.htm - http://www.exoticallure.com/hair-growth-oil.htm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 6:46pm
Well things are going okay I guess, I think these cheap conditioners are working lol..there was actually one day where my hair was lookin pretty healthy lol.

Right now I'm struggling with moisturizing my hair when I baggy I woke up my hair was wet and then I went one night w/out it and my hair was dry in the morning. I think I need to let my hair be damp and not wet when I put the leave in.

The first 3 days I was shedding alot and I still am, but I think its slowing down.

I've been using MN for 4 days now I know its known for making you shed hair so I gotta keep an eye on that.

I hate this little tiny balls that form in my hair, mostly in the back aka my kitchen lol.

I had to run my fingers through my hair alot yesterday cuz it looks like my hair trying to dread up. Maybe I'm meant to have Locs we will see.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:39pm
So far so good, my hair sheds, a little not much but I decided I'm goin to loc my hair, so I'm gonna head over there to that threadTongue
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:59pm
I am doing good . blowdried it today and saw a lot of growth ! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic