Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 29 Things Women Avoid Doing Because Of Fear.....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

29 Things Women Avoid Doing Because Of Fear.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 29 Things Women Avoid Doing Because Of Fear.....
    Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:06pm
.......for safety.

**Jacked from a Martial Arts forum**

Some of the women on there were like "So glad I have martial arts and don't have to be afraid to leave my house!" This was the sentiment through most of the forum. As a martial artist myself, I'm sorry, but I can't get smug and say that what I know makes me impervious to bullets and other horrible things, because guess what....IT DOESN'T! NO martial art, fighting style, or weapon is

There's ALWAYS that chance of "What if's" What if it's more than one assailant and the BOTH have guns? What if the environment has things you could trip on in a fight? What if you're just walking and minding your own business when suddenly someone comes up from behind, doesn't say a word and knocks you out cold....then rapes you?

Yes, knowing some kind of self-defense DOES empower you and arms you with the tools to use as a last resort to give you that small chance of survival.....but I'm not stupid either to say that it will protect me from everything.

Needless to say, this list makes me sad.....

When asked what they DIDN’T do — what activities they missed out on — in order to protect themselves, women I surveyed answered:

1. Get drunk, because you never know if someone might try to assault you when you’re under the influence. 

2. Leave our drinks at the bar, unattended, because someone might try to drug them. 

3. Move into certain neighborhoods or live on certain blocks, because the harassment is too severe. 

4. Meet our creepy landlords, the cable guy, or the electrician by ourselves, because it makes us feel unsafe. 

5. Travel solo, because there are certain places where it’s just not safe to be a woman traveling alone.

6. Try couch-surfing, because staying at a stranger’s house seems like an invitation for trouble. 

7. Run alone at night, because we fear attackers. 

8. Talk back to harassers, because you never know if the abusive words will escalate to violent actions. 

9. Meet a stranger — for a date or to buy something on Craigslist — without telling a friend exactly where we’ll be, because we’re aware there’s always the threat of danger.

10. Walk home at night without holding our keys out, because you never know when you might need a makeshift weapon.

11. Wear flimsy clothing when we’re out walking by ourselves, because harassers see it as an invitation to bother us. 

12. Wear loud or outrageous clothing, either, because that’ll invite comment from strange men too. 

13. Wear anything that will expose our breasts or remind men that we’re women, because that’s seen as an invitation for leers. 

14. Wear a ponytail, because it will make it easier for an attacker to grab our hair. 

15. Wear high heels, because it’ll make it harder to run faster if we need to. 

16. Engage in small talk with a man, because he may interpret it as an invitation to come on to us in a lecherous way. 

17. Make eye contact with strangers, because it’s seen as an invitation to approach us. 

18. Even smiling can be seen as tacit approval to talk or approach us.

19. Eat food in public — like ice cream cones — that might attract unwanted male attention. 

20. Ride our bikes late at night, because we don’t want to deal with the harassment. 

21. Stay at a party or a show after our friends have gone home, because we don’t want to worry about being stranded in a potentially threatening situation.

22. Get into a subway car with just men in it, because we’re afraid something might happen. Instead, we scope out subway cars with other women already in them. 

23. Walk around late at night with headphones on and blasting music, because we’re afraid attackers might come up behind us. 

24. Answer the door to unexpected visitors, just in case it’s someone who got into the building randomly, who might be planning to attack.

25. Let the cab driver/our date drop us off directly in front our buildings, because we don’t want random guys to know where we live. 

26. Walk directly home, sometimes, if we’re afraid someone is following us. Instead, we’ll stop at a neighborhood bar and pretend we’re meeting someone. 

27. Give our last names to strangers or potential dates, because it makes it that much easier for a stranger to find out where you live, or where you work.

28. Stay late at our offices by ourselves, because of the potential of being attacked. 

29. Use an ATM that’s outside or isolated, because we fear being attacked.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/29-things-women-avoid-doing-out-of-fear-for-our-safety

Sponsored Links

LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:10pm
yep it's hard work being a women 
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:38pm
Being a man is great in a lot of regards especially being military trained to kill and being efficient.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:39pm
Mmm...
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 5:58pm
I don't like being alone with most men to be honest.
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:03pm
Men
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:08pm
Exist
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:10pm
i do all of that...
lmao i used to tell my mom to practice running in heels just in case

i never understood why anyone would want to jog at night/early mornings male/female.
idk.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:31pm
The comment section on buzzfeed got ugly.  It was disappointing to see. Disapprove  People will judge you for "being paranoid" or thinking everyone is a rapist...but if you get raped, what were you doing to put yourself in that situation....Ermm
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:36pm
yeah i can relate
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style