Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 23 Things You Shouldn't Say To A Childfree Woman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

23 Things You Shouldn't Say To A Childfree Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:18pm
All those things were said to me. My mom even said, "I'm the only one without grandkids!" I'm not married. At 31, I got pregnant. 31/Pregnant=have a baby.

I felt the pressure. Now, I love my son and I feel fulfilled; however. I could've easily lived my life without a child. And I will not have another one.

All of the people who wanted me to have a child the most are the least helpful (my mom and babydad). Smh. I will never make my son suffer for my choices and I will do everything possible to give him the best opportunities DESPITE the lack of a village around me.
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:28pm
Stern Smile
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by JaceDummy JaceDummy wrote:

All those things were said to me. My mom even said, "I'm the only one without grandkids!" I'm not married. At 31, I got pregnant. 31/Pregnant=have a baby.

I felt the pressure. Now, I love my son and I feel fulfilled; however. I could've easily lived my life without a child. And I will not have another one.

All of the people who wanted me to have a child the most are the least helpful (my mom and babydad). Smh. I will never make my son suffer for my choices and I will do everything possible to give him the best opportunities DESPITE the lack of a village around me.

I respect this post
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Not sure why this thread  is so long.  I have never said those things to another woman.

I'll say this though, most of the people I know that are older without children regret it to the point that its made them very bitter about life.  They all seem to wish that they either had kids or died younger (by 60s) because of loneliness. 

I definitely want kids, but I definitely understand why others don't.  Its a huge sacrifice and your life will never be the same because of it.  Its also a huge gamble because you don't know how they will turn out or if your emotional and financial investment in them will pay off.

Some people invest hardly anything into their child and wonder why they are so messed up. Just because you didnt want kids doesnt mean you have the right to be a crappy parent.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:58pm
The words bitter and miserable are getting thrown around a lot in this thread. Someone making a comment about you having children does not automatically mean that the person is bitter or miserableLOL Sometimes its a legit question or comment being made. I would call the person nosey or rude but bitter and miserable is reaching. 
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 11:04pm
*is child free until monday night*

PartyBeerLOL
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 5:30am
I may be guilty of saying some of these to people. I will definitely stop...didn't know it was that deep.
Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

I may be guilty of saying some of these to people. I will definitely stop...didn't know it was that deep.
lol #teamnokids and happy
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 6:55am
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

Oh my gosh!  I get #17 & #23 all the time at work.  FYI: the average age of the people I work with is 60.  Yes, 60 and none of them can HAVE kids now. 

Add to the fact that I'm not married and the folks I work with think I'm going to grow bitter and lonely eating cat food out of garbage cans and talking to myself...

Wait, I already talk to myself...Embarrassed

well you're name is kittenwhip, you might actually enjoy the taste of cat food? LOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

Oh my gosh!  I get #17 & #23 all the time at work.  FYI: the average age of the people I work with is 60.  Yes, 60 and none of them can HAVE kids now. 

Add to the fact that I'm not married and the folks I work with think I'm going to grow bitter and lonely eating cat food out of garbage cans and talking to myself...

Wait, I already talk to myself...Embarrassed

DeadLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic