Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 23 Things You Shouldn't Say To A Childfree Woman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

23 Things You Shouldn't Say To A Childfree Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

People just need to respect where other people are in life. Anyone's situation could change at any time so I don't need anybody to harp on my current state. Everyody's childfree/childless til they have a child. Whether I don't want to have kids or I just can't the end is the same...at this point I don't have them and I have to be okay with that. And if I'm okay with it then why aren't you?

People need to respect others choices, but damn how would this make a woman feel if she just can't have children and isn't trying to tell all her fukkin business?!

That's ME.  I was married for a very long time and tried so hard to have kids but found out I couldn't.... it was devastating actually. 

Some of my extended family members who didn't know of my struggles would say crazy stuff to me like "you must not like kids or something..." with this sarcastic tone.

And then they would look stupid when I told them... "I LOVE kids, but unfortunately, I just can't have them."
Sponsored Links

Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 11:00am
I'VE HEARD THESE THINGS BUT MOST OF MY PEOPLE ARENT SAYING THESE
I THINK THEY KNOW BETTER
BESIDES, SOME HAVE NO ROOM TO SAY ANYTHING. THEY EITHER HAVE 1 KID OR A PLETHORA OF KIDS THEY CANNOT AFFORD, WISHING THEY COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME.

IM GOOD. 32 AND ALL.  TIME IS STILL ON MY SIDE.
HALLE 46 RIGHT. 
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by MsBianca MsBianca wrote:

Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

People just need to respect where other people are in life. Anyone's situation could change at any time so I don't need anybody to harp on my current state. Everyody's childfree/childless til they have a child. Whether I don't want to have kids or I just can't the end is the same...at this point I don't have them and I have to be okay with that. And if I'm okay with it then why aren't you?

People need to respect others choices, but damn how would this make a woman feel if she just can't have children and isn't trying to tell all her fukkin business?!

That's ME.  I was married for a very long time and tried so hard to have kids but found out I couldn't.... it was devastating actually. 

Some of my extended family members who didn't know of my struggles would say crazy stuff to me like "you must not like kids or something..." with this sarcastic tone.

And then they would look stupid when I told them... "I LOVE kids, but unfortunately, I just can't have them."

WOW I THINK I WOULD OF SPAZZED.
LIKE MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND WORRY ABOUT WHATS HAPPENING IN YOUR OWN HOME
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 2:01pm
Honestly,  I am thankful for my single, childless sibling because my kids get EVERYTHING and extra from their auntie.   She babysits/visits for a few hours and chunks me the deuce.  Our will states she will get our kids.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by BonitaApplebaum BonitaApplebaum wrote:

I am glad I don't have kids at this point in my life.(period)

But dealing first hand with friends who have children, it seems as if they don't want you to be happy because you don't have the burden and daily stress of having them, like its wrong to be free!
Dare I say #teamnokids...

Just like you claim to be happy with the high ass daycare expenses, baby daddy issues, and no "me" time, can't I be happy with being able to get up and go wherever and whenever I want? JS...

I have kids and I never feel that way about my childless friends. They call me on Saturdays to hang out with me and my family. I am happy with my life and want them to be happy with their lives. And honestly they say that they can't wait to have a big family like mines. Its not a daily stress or burden to take care of kids imo. Raising kids has its ups and downs just like being single does. I don't think every woman is built to be a mom.  Thats just life.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Ok ladyice lol,

I just enjoy my alone time. I don't like hearing noise or crying. There's nothing more annoying than babies who are too young to understand what no and stop crying means.

I enjoying going shopping without having to maneuver with a stroller. Having to leave a movie theater because my baby wont stop crying. Or having to find someone to watch the kids when I go somewhere I cant bring them.

I cant tell you how many times trips have been ruined by my friends with babies.

They can't find anyone to watch them and bring their baby along to the mall, the baby starts crying irritating everybody and wont stop and is misbehaving so she gets frustrated and is ready to go home now. Trip ruined.

You lose your freedom. Spontaneity. Sleep. You can't just get up and do things anymore. 

ConfusedIts not annoying if you have patience. Babies cry and don't understand certain things. Even when I was childless a crying baby or a baby not understanding "no" didn't annoy me. 

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 2:26pm
I looove my son and I love being a mom I honestly feel thats the only real thing I'm good at.

BUT

The worrying good lawd will drive you insane!! It does not go away!
Especially when you have a black son it is like x10000. My son is going to a rival football game today so I hope BHM is good and juicy because I will be waiting in my truck all four quarters. You know just in case smh.

Edited by herwoman - Nov 08 2013 at 2:30pm
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

ConfusedIts not annoying if you have patience. Babies cry and don't understand certain things. Even when I was childless a crying baby or a baby not understanding "no" didn't annoy me. 
true. and as explained, that's likely why she's not in the market for a child or children. unlike you, she's not got the patience for that. 

kudos to those that can admit it and choose not have kids as opposed to those that have a child and act brand new or flip out. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

it gets annoying. especially when people assume you don't have the same financial obligations because you tmdon't have kids

yep!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 2:29pm
None of my friends have kids. One of my besties told me that her dad was like "when are you going to give me grandkids? " She isn't married or even seriously dating right now. He told her he wouldn't mind if she just picked a nice guy to have a baby with. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>